PDA

View Full Version : where can i get meds??

frisk19
02-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi to everyone

I have been reading these posts and I agree that benzo's are effective. Does anyone know somewhere I can get them online.?? There are so many con shops out there!

They are addictive so I only take them when I really need to. I saw a psychiatrist today who said Paxil is the best for social anxiety.....

Robbed
02-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Basically, whenever you order medication online you are getting it from a foreign country like India, Pakistan, Thailand, or the Philippines. And it is kind of a crapshot any way you might go. But chances are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH greater that you will just get something that doesn't work than something that is truly harmful. Also, expect to spend ALOT of money if you go this route. But ALOT of the time, you have no choice if you prefer benzos to SSRIs, as doctors don't like to prescribe them. As for benzos being addictive, they certainly CAN be. BUT, generally speaking, MOST people with anxiety problems just would rather not take them in the first place AND probably really ARE going to take them only when needed. For this reason, their addictiveness is somewhat overblown. What's really kind of interesting, though, is that NO doctors seem to care about the addictive nature of, say, Paxil. Paxil is KNOWN to be REALLY addictive. And since it must be taken DAILY (vs as needed), dependence is virtually guaranteed.

punkgod94
09-15-2008, 03:09 PM
If you're seeing a psychiatrist, then get them from him. Ask his opinion on benzos. If he doesn't recommend them for you for a good reason (i.e. you have an addictive personality, or you were a former addict) then take it for what it's worth and try to see if Paxil or another anti-depressant works for you. A lot of doctors like to prescribe you one at a time. That way (I'm assuming you've never been prescribed meds for anxiety before) your doctor can say "Ok its the Paxil working!!" If you've never been on meds before they want to make sure which medicine is actually helping you, not a combination of two or having to quesiton which of the two is the one that's helping you (or maybe both are!). Don't waste your time getting them online...you'll definitely get an inferior product. Also a lot of benzos are controlled substances that you need a presription for to get online. If money's an issue for you, there are plenty of generic prescription plans at Walgreen or Walmart (and even at a lot of grocery stores now) where you can get a prescription very cheaply!!!! Good luck.