PDA

View Full Version : Do I tell my boss or not HELP needed

chellebooka
02-04-2014, 01:20 AM
Hey I've got a supervision booked with my manager today I have only been at the job since last Thurs I wanted to ask for some help I do not know whether to tell me boss about my MH or not Scenerio: I struggle to finish at 5 as the traffic is bad and this really makes my anxiety bad. I get anxious as soon as I am In work in the morning thinking about the journey home this affects my day greatly I spend it constantly anxious. Do I ask to finish at 4 which is much better for me and explain why or do I just carry on hoping I'll be ok however I have just quit a job because I couldn't do the travelling. I've been reading everyday about MH in the papers and its constantly on the radio. 'Time to Change ' campaign . Please can someone help me with a decision what would u do Xxx

chellebooka
02-04-2014, 06:30 AM
Thank u I will take your advice on board xxx

meichmann
02-04-2014, 07:38 AM
From my experience chelle, you should tell your supervisor. That way he can relate if anything happens. If you hide it from them and it starts interfering with your work production, you may get in trouble.

I had to tell my supervisor about my panic disorder and PTSD. It turns out they helped me by having me talk to our HR department and I got everythign straightened out. Now if something happens they know what the cause of it is.

You don't have to give them your life story, just tell them what's happeneing. As long as you are honest with them they weill respect it.

Perses
02-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Chellebooka,

I would ask if you could start at 8 and leave at 4, or, I suppose, you could stay until 6. Actually, me being me, I'd probably stay till 6 doing extra work or reading the newspaper or whatever, and then leave. I'd do that for about a month or so, hoping that I could start to slowly move the clock forward, leaving at 5:45, then 5:30, etc.

lexiii
02-04-2014, 09:21 AM
You should !!! I ended up telling mine and it made work a lot easier knowing someone understands and is there for you if u need help!!

chellebooka
02-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Negotiated. A different shift thanks kindly for your thoughts . I told boss bout diagnosis didn't say what meds but just said on new meds

I'm really pleased as it was really stressing me

Thanks peeps
Today was a good day

X

trinidiva
02-04-2014, 03:50 PM
I told mine also. Since I had (have) issues with driving, he allows me to work from home.