PDA

View Full Version : Feeling bad after sleeping

Cimi
02-03-2014, 11:07 PM
hey guys.i always feel bad after sleeping and waking up.it takes me a while to get myself together.i feel lost and confused each time i wake up or when i am sleepy.anyone else feels like me?tips to cope with these?

Applecherry
02-04-2014, 12:35 AM
I believe it has something to do with the chemicals in your brain changing after sleep. I get like that too, sometimes I feel like road kill after I get up, then, other times, I am calm and serene and feel great.. I never know quite the recipe for repeating the "feeling calm" after getting up, if only I did.. Often I find, I am feeling hungry when I get up, so eating a little something can kind of make you feel a bit better.

Speaking of sleep, I'm trying to stay up a bit later tonight for something, and it's very difficult, I am starting to shut down. :(

Cimi
02-04-2014, 12:41 AM
I believe it has something to do with the chemicals in your brain changing after sleep. I get like that too, sometimes I feel like road kill after I get up, then, other times, I am calm and serene and feel great.. I never know quite the recipe for repeating the "feeling calm" after getting up, if only I did.. Often I find, I am feeling hungry when I get up, so eating a little something can kind of make you feel a bit better.

Speaking of sleep, I'm trying to stay up a bit later tonight for something, and it's very difficult, I am starting to shut down. :(

yes sometimes i wake up feeling amazing sometimes i feel like this. i have noticed then when i sleep serene i wake up serene, when i sleep worried i wake up terrified. yesterday i have slept like 10 hours coz i was very tired, and i woke up today feeling calm, but as always confused. i think it may be our mind who over thinks about everything. even if we are normal we always try to find something bad going on. sucks to be like this. also i had problems with sleeping because of my anxiety and i think this is still reflected when i wake up. :(
i just wish there was a time machine so we could get back in time and fix all :(

Applecherry
02-04-2014, 01:00 AM
but sometimes, I go to bed all stressed out and anxious and wake up feeling calm and serene! That's why it's a flat out mystery to me.. I have at times just zonked out for 10 hours too, and woke up feeling much better. 10 hours seems to be good... but frequently, I don't seem to need that much and wake up after 8..but sleeping 8 makes me feel like crap quite often.. however, if I sleep under 8 hours, I feel deprived of sleep.. *scratches head*

meichmann
02-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Everyone's sleep patterns are different. You just have to find the pattern that works best for you.

What you might want to do though is before you go to bed, you have to be relaxed. I am similar to you, where if I go to sleep emotional I wake up that way. Now, will you able to relax all the time? probably not. The point is that you try.

What I do is listen to some soft music (chillout or ambient) or put on a kids channel (yes, the Disney Junior channel lol).

Also, if you are on the computer or laptop, try shutting it off an hour before bed. I know they say not to do this, but eat a little something before bed as well. I usually eat something small and I also take a multivitamin.

You actually burn alot of calories while you sleep (the body of course repairing itself), so supplying it with nutrients at bedtime helps the process.

Hope you find that pattern!