PDA

View Full Version : anxiety worse in the winter

iloveyu29
02-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Idk why but my anxiety is worse in the winter then it is in the summer.!!!! I always stay congested which in turn makes me feel foggy, lightheaded and sometimes dizzy.. I used to enjoy winter. Not anymore !!

Matty
02-03-2014, 08:46 PM
I hate the winter makes me depressed! Because sunlight is a natural source of vitamin D I think! Bring back the sun!

jukebox314
02-03-2014, 08:48 PM
When I open my blinds and see it's a dark and gloomy day, forget it! I'm already having a bad day.
And because the sun goes down so early, that's when I get bad too. Does that happen to anyone else? I get worse at night.

Matty
02-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Same it's like 4am here (uk) can't sleep and know tommorow is just going to be another glum day hate the winter so much

jessed03
02-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Same it's like 4am here (uk) can't sleep and know tommorow is just going to be another glum day hate the winter so much

Oh you're UK Matty! Same here, keep putting my head down to try and sleep, not happening so just pick up the ipad again and browse lol

iloveyu29
02-03-2014, 08:57 PM
I hate the winter because I'm always sick!!! I have sinus problems and it only makes it worse on me. I don't mind gloomy for some weird reason. But I don't like the fact I stay with a stuffy nose and foggy head. Damn groundhog saw his shadow .. boooooooo... go back in your hole.

NixonRulz
02-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Oh you're UK Matty! Same here, keep putting my head down to try and sleep, not happening so just pick up the ipad again and browse lol

You're not selling anything tomorrow!

People in the UK need like 1 hour of sleep per day

You bitches are hardcore

Hardcore and drinks tea daily

Now that is bad ass

In the US, we sleep late and ask Obama for a handout

FK123
02-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Winter is miserable! Here in Canada even spending 5 minutes outside is painful its so cold, so you spend literally ALL day stuck in doors. Iloveyu I'm not sure whereabouts you are but if its cold and you have the heating cranked that doesnt help sinuses at all! It dries out the air and makes all sinus problems worse. Have you tried buying a humidifier? Not only do they relieve some of this but I find the noise they make quite soothing :)
But yeah, Spring needs to get here ASAP and give all us anxious people a break!

iloveyu29
02-03-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm in Texas and it's humid as he'll but we have to keep the heater on and it's dry and wake up with nasty sinus infection. Ugh. Just miserable

Applecherry
02-03-2014, 10:35 PM
It can be due to all the dryness, and sinus issues (that actually can bother your digestion too) which in turn can make the an anxiety you've got even worse in my opinion. as much as I love winter I feel more moist and hydrated in summer, try baths, and hang out in well lit rooms to make you feel a bit better.

El Lukio
02-04-2014, 12:53 AM
Anyone heard of Seasonal Affective Disorder which can bring on anxiety and depression in Winter months? It's quite well documented in the UK with our long, dark, miserable Winters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

jjh333
02-04-2014, 03:42 PM
I always feel so much worse in the winter.... today I got off work early because of an incoming snow storm and I've just been sitting around anxious about it. (not the mention this morning a bunch of my car's service lights when off and I had to take it to the dealer in this storm so I also feel totally stuck)

shelbyp
02-04-2014, 04:09 PM
I get this, I think everyone does to some extent just miserable weather makes everyone a little down and They tend not to go out as much, of course for us being stuck in the house for days isn't so good if you get bored easily

trinidiva
02-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Anyone heard of Seasonal Affective Disorder which can bring on anxiety and depression in Winter months? It's quite well documented in the UK with our long, dark, miserable Winters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

Yep. I have this.

stp4779
02-04-2014, 05:52 PM
I believe I definitely have SAD. Pittsburgh often surpasses Seattle for most rainfall in a year. It's almost always overcast here.

Winter is BALLS.