PDA

View Full Version : anxiety/depression question

Saldav
02-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Does anyone experience anxiety as soon as they open there eyes in the morning? And wake up startled if you dose off to sleep again. If yes how do u cope. I take 2 mg of clonazepam (klonopin) in the morning but then my depression keeps me in bed as if I haven't slept in days, but I wake up in a panic, I'm just curious is anyone else experiences this.

ab123
02-02-2014, 11:57 PM
I do, I can wake up in the middle of the night with it. My body has just programmed itself to do so. :( you just get used to it...or..you try not to think about it. Easier said than done

Saldav
02-03-2014, 12:05 AM
I do, I can wake up in the middle of the night with it. My body has just programmed itself to do so. :( you just get used to it...or..you try not to think about it. Easier said than done

What do u do to get back to sleep?

ab123
02-03-2014, 12:48 AM
I force myself. It takes a lot of practice though. Sometimes I will use calming music too. It does get better the less you fuel the fire.

El Lukio
02-03-2014, 02:58 AM
Didn't someone say on here recently that body releases a shot of adrenaline first thing to aid with waking up? That wouldn't obviously help us anxiety sufferers. Sometimes it feels like I'm on an adrenaline rush all day. Mornings are worse for a lot if us I understand me included. I dread the waking up and having to face yet another day of this shit.

El Lukio
02-03-2014, 03:02 AM
cortisol , released a few hours before waking and prepairs the body for the day ahead . Anxiety is mainly caused by too high cortisol levels to start with

Thanks for the clear-up Forwells...I thought something had been mentioned but couldn't remember exactly what was said :)

acetone
02-03-2014, 03:46 AM
Benzos such as clonazepam can cause or exacerbate existing depression. Beware.

Saldav
02-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Benzos such as clonazepam can cause or exacerbate existing depression. Beware.

Are you serious, where did you read that?

acetone
02-04-2014, 12:55 AM
Are you serious, where did you read that?

I am serious. It is in the medical textbooks. This wikipedia article also mentions it-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_long-term_benzodiazepine_use
http://web4health.info/en/answers/bio-benzo-sideeffects.htm
What complicates matters further is that in some people benzodiazepines can also treat depression.