PDA

View Full Version : What. The. Fuck.

janey
02-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Tonight I found out my father's bladder was removed for no reason.

He was diagnosed with cancer about 5 years ago. He went through treatment and has been in remission for quite a while. About 8 months ago he was told his cancer came back and in order to live, he would need to have his bladder removed.

He got it removed, went through hell and is now coping with this lifestyle.

Well, we just learned that his cancer never did come back and his test results came out clear.
His is very disappointed that he has to live with the burden of a bag and a stoma. There could have been other options.

Wow....Can't trust doctors.

Chris C
02-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Wow. That sounds like a lawsuit.

NeverToo...Fear
02-02-2014, 10:55 PM
This reminds me of a situation where the Doctors amputate the wrong leg.. I can't count how many times the hospital messed up with my Grandmother. They make permanent mistakes far too often and after the damage is done, we have to live with them with nothing more than a "oops" from the hospital.. I really feel for your dad and the hell he and your family went through..

wtff indeed.

Saldav
02-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Sue the doctors

Enduronman
02-03-2014, 07:40 AM
holy shit...I've heard it all now.

NixonRulz
02-03-2014, 07:54 AM
My father-in law is dealing with bladder cancer that is unresponsive to chemo so every 3 months he has to get the tumor that keeps regrowing cut out

He looks miserable from it

At least he has the damn cancer.

Your dad has to be seeing red right now having to go through that for no reason

Hopefully driving past the hospital in his new Ferrari and flipping them off will ease the pain a bit after the lawsuit

Scdg17
02-03-2014, 08:40 AM
That's awful. I'm so sorry for you and for him. Just further proves the health care industry is BS! I haven't gone to a doctor in over 5 years. Looks like I'm better off.

Dahila
02-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Things like that happen in Canada on daily bases, the only problem they will give you like 1.5 milion for the suffering, and care and everything. Then Lawyer will take 33 procent plus gst so you are left with like 7 hundred and do not have ie left breast, which was removed by mistake in radiologist office...:(
I am sorry it happened to your father.

My brother has, had bladder cancer and they had to removed and made a new one. It is already 8 years but he does chemo twice a year.