PDA

View Full Version : Fainting in Public

jukebox314
02-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Once upon a time just as the new year started, I fainted at work because one, (TMI) I was on my period, and two I hadn't eaten since the evening before.
Well, here I am the first week in February and my anxiety has resurfaced thanks to the flu making me dizzy on the Sunday before I return to work and school!
I'm so scared to go. Because for one, when I'm nervous I don't want to eat. And when you don't eat, your blood sugar drops and you faint.
And second, I'm due to get my female time tomorrow also. I don't know what to do because my anxiety makes me light headed... And I'm scared to go. :/
Is there any way to over come this anxiety and just EAT AND BE NORMAL?
Any advice on how to overcome this?...

trinidiva
02-02-2014, 06:28 PM
I have issues with eating also when my anxiety flairs up. I had to purchase Ensure...the vanilla kind....it didnt taste too bad and I was able to keep it down. You must eat though...the low blood sugar can trigger even more anxiety.

jukebox314
02-02-2014, 07:10 PM
I have issues with eating also when my anxiety flairs up. I had to purchase Ensure...the vanilla kind....it didnt taste too bad and I was able to keep it down. You must eat though...the low blood sugar can trigger even more anxiety.
I bought some breakfast things for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have an appetite :/ have you figured out a coping mechanism for this at all? :/

trinidiva
02-02-2014, 07:30 PM
I bought some breakfast things for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have an appetite :/ have you figured out a coping mechanism for this at all? :/

No....other than just finding out the things I can eat....or force myself to eat during that time. The key for me is to kind of graze on things throughout the day.....i will drink an ensure.... nibble on pistachios mid morning....then eat lunch....usually a decent sized salad works for me.....mid afternoon, I will eat something like a granola bar....and usually by dinnertime, im hungry and eat a full dinner. I just really have to make sure that, while I dont feel hungry, I still make myself eat. Its always really bad right around that time of the month....a few days before and after it starts.

jukebox314
02-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Same here about that time of the month:/