PDA

View Full Version : Better day...

El Lukio
02-01-2014, 07:13 AM
Feeling a little brighter today. Woke up more positive than normal and tension in my stomach seems to be better. Still tense in my shoulders and lower back but getting there. Gigging tonight with the band which I hope will help take my mind off things.

Happy Saturday folks :)

GeneAllen
02-01-2014, 07:48 AM
Very good. Happy Saturday to you as well.

Jam out tonight.
Peace

NeverToo...Fear
02-01-2014, 08:01 AM
You are in a band? Oh how cool.. what type of music do you play, and what position are you in with the band? Good luck with the gig!

Glad it's a better day for you, Lukio.. Happy Saturday to you and everyone here as well...... :)

iloveyu29
02-01-2014, 08:06 AM
Have a great day Lukio....

Dahila
02-01-2014, 08:24 AM
It's weekend and I do not have to go anywhere, awesome:) Have a happy weekend Ladies and gentlemen.:)

El Lukio
02-01-2014, 09:24 AM
You are in a band? Oh how cool.. what type of music do you play, and what position are you in with the band? Good luck with the gig! Glad it's a better day for you, Lukio.. Happy Saturday to you and everyone here as well...... :)

We're a cheesy covers band...pubs/bars/weddings/parties etc. so it's nothing too exciting! I play guitar and sing. We do all the classics - Beatles, Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters, Killers etc.

It's good fun and a healthy outlet plus like I mentioned it does help with the anxiety. Funny though I don't get anxious about playing in front of people?

Tonight should be good. It's a friends birthday so the pub will be packed out :)

Shameless plug time - here's our website: www.twopushcharlie.co.uk

We're on Facebook too :)

NeverToo...Fear
02-01-2014, 09:40 AM
^ More exciting than what I'm up to. I play guitar, but have no band.. Hah, but playing music is such a great outlet for anxiety--band or no band :) Glad you don't get anxious playing in front of people.. I'd literally faint if I had to play in front of a crowd or just a few people !

I like what I'm hearing on your site, those covers.. Good voice, thanks for sharing.. :) Nice band name too ^^ (I'm a sucker for the name Charlie)

Have fun rocking out tonight !

NixonRulz
02-01-2014, 10:28 AM
^ More exciting than what I'm up to. I play guitar, but have no band.. Hah, but playing music is such a great outlet for anxiety--band or no band :) Glad you don't get anxious playing in front of people.. I'd literally faint if I had to play in front of a crowd or just a few people ! I like what I'm hearing on your site, those covers.. Good voice, thanks for sharing.. :) Nice band name too ^^ (I'm a sucker for the name Charlie) Have fun rocking out tonight !

I hadn't picked my guitar up in ages and last night I had s few, okay a few too many, and was zoned out playing the same songs over and over

Years ago I played in a few bands and did pretty well with playing in 10 states or so

I was never good enough to ever really make it but sure had loads of fun and great stories I will never forget as I tried

Played a weekend gig once with probably 5000-6000 people attending outdoors

Talk about two sides of anxiety

Scared to death but exhilarating at the same time

El Lukio
02-01-2014, 10:46 AM
^ More exciting than what I'm up to. I play guitar, but have no band.. Hah, but playing music is such a great outlet for anxiety--band or no band :) Glad you don't get anxious playing in front of people.. I'd literally faint if I had to play in front of a crowd or just a few people ! I like what I'm hearing on your site, those covers.. Good voice, thanks for sharing.. :) Nice band name too ^^ (I'm a sucker for the name Charlie) Have fun rocking out tonight !

I admit I can't take credit for the vocals on those numbers! That's my good friend Ian - fellow guitarist and singer. I pitch in with backing vocals and sing a couple a numbers but they're not on the site.

Two Push Charlie is a euphemism which is difficult to explain (especially when my mum asks what it means as it's a bit rude!) and always gets folk asking!

El Lukio
02-01-2014, 10:49 AM
I hadn't picked my guitar up in ages and last night I had s few, okay a few too many, and was zoned out playing the same songs over and over Years ago I played in a few bands and did pretty well with playing in 10 states or so I was never good enough to ever really make it but sure had loads of fun and great stories I will never forget as I tried Played a weekend gig once with probably 5000-6000 people attending outdoors Talk about two sides of anxiety Scared to death but exhilarating at the same time

That's pretty impressive Nixon! I've played to about 1000 before but no where near the amount you have...that's really cool!

I get a kinda nervous energy before playing, not nasty old anxiety. I can handle the nerves pretty well and in fairness, I think it's a good thing. The day I don't get nerves before a show is the day I'll stop doing it.

And drunken guitar playing is the best...if we have a barbecue in the summer you can guarantee that by the end of the night someone has picked up an acoustic and we're sat around howling out the classics!

NixonRulz
02-01-2014, 10:51 AM
That's pretty impressive Nixon! I've played to about 1000 before but no where near the amount you have...that's really cool! I get a kinda nervous energy before playing, not nasty old anxiety. I can handle the nerves pretty well and in fairness, I think it's a good thing. The day I don't get nerves before a show is the day I'll stop doing it. And drunken guitar playing is the best...if we have a barbecue in the summer you can guarantee that by the end of the night someone has picked up an acoustic and we're sat around howling out the classics!

Please put me in the invite list for the next BBQ

Drinking and playing the classics are two of my favorite things!

El Lukio
02-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Please put me in the invite list for the next BBQ Drinking and playing the classics are two of my favorite things!

Plane ticket in the post bro :)

NixonRulz
02-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Plane ticket in the post bro :)

APPEARING AT THE NEXT BBQ

El Lukio and. EL Nixono

Drinking too much and playing the Latino hits so poorly but they'll never realize that!

Elderly and children welcome

NeverToo...Fear
02-01-2014, 11:07 AM
I admit I can't take credit for the vocals on those numbers! That's my good friend Ian - fellow guitarist and singer. I pitch in with backing vocals and sing a couple a numbers but they're not on the site.

Two Push Charlie is a euphemism which is difficult to explain (especially when my mum asks what it means as it's a bit rude!) and always gets folk asking!

^ Well now I'm even more curious about the name.. ;)

APPEARING AT THE NEXT BBQ

El Lukio and. EL Nixono

Drinking too much and playing the Latino hits so poorly but they'll never realize that!

Elderly and children welcome
I'll pay to go to that ! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, especially that the elderly and children are welcome.. it won't go on much past sundown, which is great for me!! :)

And btw Nixon, that's incredible playing in front of that many people ! Were you in cover bands or did you ever make your own material ?

NixonRulz
02-01-2014, 11:12 AM
^ Well now I'm even more curious about the name.. ;) I'll pay to go to that ! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, especially that the elderly and children are welcome.. it won't go on much past sundown, which is great for me!! :) And btw Nixon, that's incredible playing in front of that many people ! Were you in cover bands or did you ever make your own material ?

Started in cover bands but then I was delusional enough to think I was gonna be a rock star and wrote a lot and played original music

When I was doing the traveling and playing, it was all original

Very heavy music

Metallica was a huge influence

To date myself, I saw them play in a bar of 100 people when they were still considered underground

El Lukio
02-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Started in cover bands but then I was delusional enough to think I was gonna be a rock star and wrote a lot and played original music When I was doing the traveling and playing, it was all original Very heavy music Metallica was a huge influence To date myself, I saw them play in a bar of 100 people when they were still considered underground

Awesome! We cover 'Enter Sandman' and it always gets a good response. Started off with covers many years ago, did originals until that fell on its ass, then went back to covers because it's more enjoyable and we get a few bucks for doing it ;)

NixonRulz
02-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Awesome! We cover 'Enter Sandman' and it always gets a good response. Started off with covers many years ago, did originals until that fell on its ass, then went back to covers because it's more enjoyable and we get a few bucks for doing it ;)

I still kick around the idea of doing acoustic stuff in a pub with a buddy for something else to do.

Maybe someday.

Kids keep me way too busy at this point.

Dahila
02-01-2014, 12:48 PM
^ Well now I'm even more curious about the name.. ;)

I'll pay to go to that ! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, especially that the elderly and children are welcome.. it won't go on much past sundown, which is great for me!! :)

And btw Nixon, that's incredible playing in front of that many people ! Were you in cover bands or did you ever make your own material ?

I am on too, like a Never to Fear will not be longer than 9 pm:))