PDA

View Full Version : Heart beating fast after exercise? Is this normal??

AliasEQ
01-31-2014, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been doing great this week and I can actually feel my anxiety fading away. I haven't had a panic attack for a month now(yaaay!!), but I can feel that the anxiety is still there. I'm still getting that fight/flight response sometimes. However, I've just been to the gym and I went haaaam. I'm really tired right now and I feel kinda relaxed. But, my heart is still beating fast. It's around 100 Bpm. It's usually about 60-80 bpm. Is this normal?? I'm 18 years old.

It's always like this after I've exercised. I've been to the doc and apparently nothing is wrong. But I'm starting to doubt that...

Help is appreciated!

Mandygrv2240
01-31-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm sure your anxiety isn't helping the issue. Try drinking some water and maybe eat a snack, and try to relax and not think about it. I'm sure you're fine. I just had a stress test about a month ago and they couldn't get mine to slow down from 140 bpm for over an hour afterwards. They finally let me take my medicine (beta blockers) and I was fine about 30 minutes later.

NixonRulz
01-31-2014, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been doing great this week and I can actually feel my anxiety fading away. I haven't had a panic attack for a month now(yaaay!!), but I can feel that the anxiety is still there. I'm still getting that fight/flight response sometimes. However, I've just been to the gym and I went haaaam. I'm really tired right now and I feel kinda relaxed. But, my heart is still beating fast. It's around 100 Bpm. It's usually about 60-80 bpm. Is this normal?? I'm 18 years old.

It's always like this after I've exercised. I've been to the doc and apparently nothing is wrong. But I'm starting to doubt that...

Help is appreciated!

Yeah, you go to the gym, get your sweat on and the heart beats as it should....quick

You feel it beating because that is how your likes to let you know that he is alive and well

You focus on the beats, which causes you to think a bit too much and then you get anxious.

Well now you did it

Heart is going to respond and stay beating quickly until you relax

Damn. It might just be easier to not to be in shape.

this whole exercise thing is becoming a pain in the ass

alankay
01-31-2014, 03:48 PM
Normal. I'm happy if it just keeps on beating. That what it's supposed to do.:) Alankay

AliasEQ
01-31-2014, 04:07 PM
Mandygrv2240: Thanks for the advice!

NixonRulz: Thank you for explaining this. I would rather die than not exercise though :D

alankay: I guess I'm just too d*mn anxious. Especially when it comes to the heart.

anzy
01-31-2014, 07:22 PM
It's all normal you went to the Doc and the results are good,so stop worrying. Once I had a stress test done and before I even started to walk on the treadmill my heart was at 100 bpm it was all the negative thoughts thinking I had something wrong .after the test it took 3 hours to slow back down. Just relax