PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Ache+Anxiety=No Bueno

ohokay
02-26-2008, 09:22 PM
I've been having stomach aches lately. Not anxiety stomach aches, but just really bad cramping. It's not chronic like every day but it's happened 3 times in the passed 2 weeks. I freak out and think they're stomach cancer or something.

How do you guys deal with your hypochondriac tendencies? :o

Bubbles
02-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Maybe you should consult your doctor?
Even if your over worrying with your stomach its always best to just make sure there isnt something go on down there.

wulf
02-27-2008, 09:37 PM
I get the exact same thing, and I can always associate it with anxiety. Does it feel a bit like you are really hungry? This is one of the most common anxiety symptoms and is absolutely nothing to worry about.

If you are feeling extreme pain (pain so intense that you can't even stand or talk) then you might want to get things checked out.

I think the worst thing it could be is stomach ulcers.. It could also be heartburn/acid reflux, but it is probably just those phantom pains caused by anxiety.

chanel07
02-27-2008, 10:19 PM
I get the exact same thing, and I can always associate it with anxiety. Does it feel a bit like you are really hungry? This is one of the most common anxiety symptoms and is absolutely nothing to worry about.

If you are feeling extreme pain (pain so intense that you can't even stand or talk) then you might want to get things checked out.

I think the worst thing it could be is stomach ulcers.. It could also be heartburn/acid reflux, but it is probably just those phantom pains caused by anxiety.

I agree. Go see your doctor just to be safe.

ohokay
02-27-2008, 10:31 PM
haha its gone now.

i think it was just something with mexican food cuz i realized its only when i eat anything with beans

and i scarfed a lot of taco bell so haha

thanks for the replys though guys :)

maeflowers
03-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Actually I have a lot of really bad stomach pain, too. It happens quite often and will last all day for a few days before. All the doctors said was to avoid dairy for a while and see if I am lactose intolerant but it didn't change a thing. That was before I found out I have anxiety. I never thought that maybe they could be connected. :|

Jem
03-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I get lots of stomach discomfort, in fact my pain is more in the region of the bottom of my left rib cage and goes right through to my back too - it's what started my anxiety (this time around) in the first place. I have had lots of tests including a camera down and an abdo scan to check my pancreas, kidneys, liver etc. and all came back fine. I still have pain, occasional nausea and LOTS of anxiety :(