PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

MrsJ88
01-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Does anyone ever get a heavy pain right in their sternum kinda up high for a brief second or two? It about sent me into a panic.

justme55
01-29-2014, 03:05 PM
Yes I have gotten that, had a ekg just to make sure everything was ok. All turned out fine but would still get it checked out for piece of mind. Take care

MrsJ88
01-29-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure, it was very brief but enough I could definitely feel it... Felt like it was right in the area of my sternum but higher up just below my clavicle bone but right in the middle. I've had chest pains before and been to a cardiologist twice but this pain was nowhere near where the other pain usually is and felt different. 😰

MrsJ88
01-29-2014, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE="James Spiers;153464"] Is there a particular reason you think it may be a problem with your heart? I'm assuming the cardio found nothing wrong?[/QUOTE

My anxiety is health/heart anxiety so that's why I always think heart problem even though the cardiologist has cleared me.

MrsJ88
01-29-2014, 03:40 PM
I get that. I'm just wondering why? Do you have any history in the family? Any other symptoms?

Not really sure why.... I had my first panic attack in 2011 after my grandpa passed away from an aneurysm. Before then I never had anxiety or panic a day in my life. My very first panic attack consisted of getting light headed, racing pulse, hyperventilated, left arm went completely numb and my mouth went kinda numb so my speech was kinda slurred and so my husband took me to the ER cause naturally I thought I was having a heart attack... From then on I've worried about my heart (and health) consistently.

MrsJ88
01-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks so much for that! :) Great positivity that I needed to read.