lizard0921
01-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Does anyone else get them?

iloveyu29
01-29-2014, 12:57 PM
Yes they are annoying and scart

lizard0921
01-29-2014, 12:59 PM
Yes they are :( I'm getting them a lot more frequent right now.

NixonRulz
01-29-2014, 12:59 PM
I think everyone here gets them

Dahila
01-29-2014, 01:10 PM
Yeah it is pretty common sign of anxiety:( unpleasant

onebreathatatime
01-29-2014, 01:25 PM
How often are you getting them? Yesterday I counted 9 in 1 minute and they are terrifying. I am going to the drs tomorrow to find out about getting a couple more tests to make sure everything is okay.

iloveyu29
01-29-2014, 01:38 PM
How often are you getting them? Yesterday I counted 9 in 1 minute and they are terrifying. I am going to the drs tomorrow to find out about getting a couple more tests to make sure everything is okay.

I'm kind of confused to what heart flutter is anyways. Once a month or so I will get this hard thump, center of chest. Then sometimes I wil get this feeling like a flock of birds are flying in my chest. One has to be gas. I think it's the bird feeling

Enduronman
01-29-2014, 01:48 PM
I don't get them anymore,...beta blockers are reallllllyyyyyyy good at preventing this from happening..

E-Man..:)

onebreathatatime
01-29-2014, 01:50 PM
mine feel as though my regular heart beat has paused... then it will thud. Lately my "thud" has been more of a feeling of an air bubble popping in there.

fisher
01-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Enduroman do you not get palpitations with taking beta blockers?

Enduronman
01-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Not at all..never, not a one. (1) tiny little 25mg tablet friend, per day....(atenolol).. I can't imagine life without it.

SSMommy
01-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Not at all..never, not a one. (1) tiny little 25mg tablet friend, per day....(atenolol).. I can't imagine life without it. E-Man..:). Agreed E-man. Although I'll be reducing from 50 to 25 in one week, it helped me through a lot and has really alleviated the heart issues.

lizard0921
01-29-2014, 02:22 PM
It's hard to explajn, but I feel like something flew in my chest. You know how you get the butterfly feeling in your stomach? I get it in my heart. I was getting one like every minute. They started after feeling nauseous. I'm about 7-8 weeks pregnant. They're gone now, or so I think? :/

lizard0921
01-29-2014, 02:23 PM
My heart palpitations are bad after I eat or when I lay down. My doctor said just to close my eyes whenever that happens?

SSMommy
01-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Lizard- is this your first pregnancy?

SSMommy
01-29-2014, 02:27 PM
I ask because hormones can really affect palpitations and even benign arrhythmia such as SVT--- which is very common in pregnancy.

lizard0921
01-29-2014, 02:44 PM
This is my second. I have a 3 year old son, but when I was pregnant with my son, I had none of these horrible symptoms. Then again, I didn't suffer from anxiety back then. My anxiety started a year after having my son. It's been 2 years.

NixonRulz
01-29-2014, 03:14 PM

If you are counting them, you are paying really close attention to them

If you pay to much attention to them, they come even more

Can't win with this damn anxiety

onebreathatatime
01-29-2014, 03:47 PM
If you are counting them, you are paying really close attention to them

If you pay to much attention to them, they come even more

Can't win with this damn anxiety

I know it makes it worse to pay attention and I don't really want to but the feeling is so intense that it always draws me back. I counted them because it felt like it was literally every beat, which it isn't but I am terrified that I'm having too many... I know being pregnant isn't helping the situation as my blood flow is increased.

lizard0921
01-29-2014, 09:35 PM
I can feel when one is coming and I try to ignore them really bad. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I will definitely let my doctor know which I'm sure he's going to tell me, "It's your anxiety. Make sure to drink a lot of water." It's like anxiety has to have a way to remind us that it's there. I wished I can beat it :( I gave up caffeine and chocolate and try not to eat as much sweets because then I feel like I might get heart palpitations. Which I think I cause myself.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOODNIGHT♥

lizard0921
01-29-2014, 09:36 PM
I know it makes it worse to pay attention and I don't really want to but the feeling is so intense that it always draws me back. I counted them because it felt like it was literally every beat, which it isn't but I am terrified that I'm having too many... I know being pregnant isn't helping the situation as my blood flow is increased.

Good luck on your appointment tomorrow♥ Let me know how it goes :)

mistiblue
01-29-2014, 11:22 PM
I once had them everyday for 2 months. I went to the cardiologist and all came back fine (aside from mild MVP). I still get them here and there, but they are MUCH better. Paying attention to them definitely makes them worse. Hope you appt goes well tomorrow!! God bless :)

lizard0921
01-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Thank you! Everything went pretty good. I got an ultrasound done. I'm officially 8 weeks today. It seems more real now. I feel positive and like I have another reason to be strong. I hope God can grant me all the strength I need. ♥

pjr378
02-02-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm not having palpitations this morning per se, but my pulse is elevated. This has been happening a lot lately. I wrote it off to gas because I've had trouble going to the bathroom, but I've gone finally and I still have this problem. I can breathe and I'm generally fine except for some slightly taught muscles. How does someone block this out? I can feel my heart beating at certain times and I find it impossible to ignore. :(

ab123
02-02-2014, 12:14 PM
I ask because hormones can really affect palpitations and even benign arrhythmia such as SVT--- which is very common in pregnancy.

Quick question for you, since I have Svt, and its ruined the last month and a half of my life with 11 episodes. Are you on birth control? I have iud and I'm getting it taken out because I believe it's contributing. I'm not taking the meds route because it's so frequent. In heated straight for ablasion.

Dahila
02-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Oh I get it once in two months maybe still being on beta blockers

SSMommy
02-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Quick question for you, since I have Svt, and its ruined the last month and a half of my life with 11 episodes. Are you on birth control? I have iud and I'm getting it taken out because I believe it's contributing. I'm not taking the meds route because it's so frequent. In heated straight for ablasion. I am not. I tried bc maybe 6 years ago or so and I hated it. It's possible that hormones contribute to it though. I have seen it cited multiple places that they believe hormones can contribute.

I'm sorry you're struggling with it. SVT has scared the crap out of me way too many times. I am on my last day of 50mg beta blocker daily and then we lower to one half.

They have helped me but I also had surgery to relieve compression on my heart which doctors believe should now alleviate the SVT. As you can imagine I am going into it with high nerves.... Which isn't going to help anything :)

Feel free to message me if you want to talk. It might help to hear each others experience with SVT. It can be downright debilitating. I may have missed it already but are you taking any medicines to help?

Some of the things that seemed to exacerbate mine were dehydration, caffeine, starting

SSMommy
02-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Quick question for you, since I have Svt, and its ruined the last month and a half of my life with 11 episodes. Are you on birth control? I have iud and I'm getting it taken out because I believe it's contributing. I'm not taking the meds route because it's so frequent. In heated straight for ablasion.. I am not because it made me feel horrible. There are many medical journals that cite hormonal fluctuations as a trigger of svt episodes. It would also explain why, along with the added pressure of a baby, women may notice an increase in pregnancy or more episodes at a specific point in their cycle. If you ever want to talk let me know. I would be happy to compare stories and download you any of the information I gave gathered over these last couple years.

SSMommy
02-02-2014, 12:39 PM
I didn't mean to post both if those. I thought the first timed out on me. To add to the things that have triggered svt for me, dehydration, emotional stress (you can absolutely tell the difference between panic attack and svt), sleep, eating large meals, caffeine, Alcohol, and electrolyte imbalances (can cause svt in someone who doesn't typically have it).

lizard0921
02-03-2014, 09:43 AM
What's SVT if I may ask? I didn't used to get these heart palpitations before and now I get them every day. Sometimes they wake me up and I hate it. Makes me wanna just curl up and cry. I now think there's something wrong with my heart and I can't shake that feeling.

Right now my heart beat is feeling normal, but my body feeling anxious. It's hard to explain :( I also woke up feeling fine then I started to get a little sweaty and that scared me.

SSMommy
02-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Hi Lizard-
It stands for supraventricular tachycardia which means tachycardia originating above the ventricles. It is an arrhythmia but usually benign other than the fact that it can be pretty incapacitating. I have had it for quite some time but it was not diagnosed until about a year and a half ago. It can surface during pregnancies. Holter monitors did not catch it for me. It was on a 30 day event recorder that they finally captured the rhythm. By that time I was having episodes very frequently so they started me on beta blockers.

There is a very clear distinction between anxiety and SVT. Your breath has no control over the rhythm. With anxiety you become used to self soothing and relaxing yourself. SVT will not respond to calmed breathing and it often brings with it immense anxiety focused around the heart.

lizard0921
02-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Oh ok. I can only imagine. The ones I get are unbearable. I already go through enough symptoms to get more while pregnant. Makes me think "Can I do this?" then I snap out of it and tell myself I can do this! I've suffered from "anxiety" (as Doctor's say I have) for 2 years now and thankfully I'm still here. I feel like it's a never ending battle. I fight hard every day to remain strong & sane for my 3 year old son. I also feel like I need reassurements every day that I will be ok! :(

ab123
02-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Oh ok. I can only imagine. The ones I get are unbearable. I already go through enough symptoms to get more while pregnant. Makes me think "Can I do this?" then I snap out of it and tell myself I can do this! I've suffered from "anxiety" (as Doctor's say I have) for 2 years now and thankfully I'm still here. I feel like it's a never ending battle. I fight hard every day to remain strong & sane for my 3 year old son. I also feel like I need reassurements every day that I will be ok! :(

I understand what you are going through, I pray it gets better!

lizard0921
02-03-2014, 02:50 PM
I understand what you are going through, I pray it gets better!

Thanks ab123! Anxiety is definitely no joke. I wished no one had to suffer from such thing.

Mandygrv2240
02-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Not at all..never, not a one. (1) tiny little 25mg tablet friend, per day....(atenolol).. I can't imagine life without it.

See, I don't understand. I've been on 100mg of labetalol twice a day for almost 4 years and I still get the palpitations. Not all the time, but every few months or so. This is like the third post I've seen where they take such a low dose and the palpitations have stopped. Weird.

onebreathatatime
02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
When I get the "skip" feeling I often feel as though something has gurgled in my heart area - almost like when you have chest congestion that you can hear. Anyone else experience this?

pjr378
02-04-2014, 07:02 AM
When I start noticing my heartbeat, I swear that I can feel it anywhere I touch. I can feel in my temple, forehead, area under my nose, anyplace. Night before last I laid my TV remote on my diaphragm area and you could see it pulsing up and down!

lizard0921
02-04-2014, 10:34 AM
When I start noticing my heartbeat, I swear that I can feel it anywhere I touch. I can feel in my temple, forehead, area under my nose, anyplace. Night before last I laid my TV remote on my diaphragm area and you could see it pulsing up and down!

Same here. Maybe because we're focusing too much on it?

lizard0921
02-04-2014, 10:34 AM
When I get the "skip" feeling I often feel as though something has gurgled in my heart area - almost like when you have chest congestion that you can hear. Anyone else experience this?

My skip is like it takes my breath away for that second.