PDA

View Full Version : I need help

onebreathatatime
01-29-2014, 11:08 AM
I'm 13 weeks pregnant and I have been having heart palpitations a lot off and on. For the past couple of days they feel consistent and it's about 9 ectopics per minute.

I had a 48 holter monitor when I was 4 weeks and an ECG at 8 weeks and they just said I am experiencing extra heartbeats.

I'm so worried though because they are coming on more and more, how many can you have before it's a problem? I do get a bit short of breath when they happen, almost like they take my breath away.

I'm going to see my dr tomorrow to see about having more testing done - I just feel like this can't possibly be normal and does it affect my baby?

Dweeb
01-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Think there normal in pregnancy cuz of ur body pumping more blood :)

NixonRulz
01-29-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm 13 weeks pregnant and I have been having heart palpitations a lot off and on. For the past couple of days they feel consistent and it's about 9 ectopics per minute.

I had a 48 holter monitor when I was 4 weeks and an ECG at 8 weeks and they just said I am experiencing extra heartbeats.

I'm so worried though because they are coming on more and more, how many can you have before it's a problem? I do get a bit short of breath when they happen, almost like they take my breath away.

I'm going to see my dr tomorrow to see about having more testing done - I just feel like this can't possibly be normal and does it affect my baby?

As someone with PVC's from birth with a heart murmur and a 100 palpitations a day, (even now) if the doctors arent concerned, dont let it concern you

Your body is pretty remarkable the way it endures some things

My doc said that I should just get used to my ticker being over active.....like me i suppose

lizard0921
01-29-2014, 12:45 PM
I was about to post a new forum about heart palpitations. I've been getting a lot of heart flutters right now that they were starting to scare me. I read about them, but I guess they're common during pregnancy and whenever you suffer from anxiety. I understand how you feel. My doctor said just to close my eyes whenever that happens. I got an EKG done months ago before I became pregnant too and everything was fine, but I do wish to get a test done just to clear my mind.