PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies??

Suza201
01-28-2014, 06:09 AM
What is everyone's hobbies? I need some! I need something to take up my time & to look forward to etc. Help!

El Lukio
01-28-2014, 06:13 AM
I play guitar...although I really enjoy it when I do play, it's sometimes hard to find the motivation to do so when my mood is low.

I would recommend playing a musical instrument though. It's a great outlet and requires concentration which I find helps me to focus my mind on something other than my fear and anxiety.

NeverToo...Fear
01-28-2014, 06:50 AM
Do you currently have any hobbies? Like what interests you, Suzie?

Guitar or learning any kind of instrument is good, simply because it requires concentration--especially if you are reading music along with it..

Reading a good book series is great too; I say series so it lasts you a while and you can get into it.. but if you want to try and learn something and be more involved, I'd suggest origami. Paper folding is easy to learn and very cool.. Plus if you make a 1000 or so cranes, you get to make a wish ! :P

Dahila
01-28-2014, 06:52 AM
Suza I can list a few; paintings, sawing, knitting, crocheting, making lotions and creams (just for myself) soaps, baking breads, gardening, especially flowers give me a lot of happiness. Making medicinal salves. Reading; it should be on first place. Jazz, blues. Movies....documentary...I probably have a few more, :))

acetone
01-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Mine is reading and working with power tools.

GeneAllen
01-28-2014, 08:55 AM
I have a hobby. I buy silver coins and gold coins. In 2009 I sold my Harley, and invested in silver. It turned out to be a highly motivating hobby, after paying 16.00 an ounce for silver,

and it going to 50.00 dollars an ounce well needless to say one Harley sold and enough to buy two or more now. Yipppeeee.

I love hobbies like this, since I no longer see the sense in giving money away all the time. I did the same with a small home I bought. Yep A bad market, but I paid a lil bit for it, did

nothing but clean it, sold it for three times what I paid for it ( on contract no interest loan) , then got it back. The people broke up, went their separate ways and left the home and they

only had 12,000 left to pay for it. I even offered them a 5K discount to stay, but they could not see past their grief of life at that time. You live and you learn. I would have preferred they succeeded for the sake of their family, but you simply can't help some people, they will not accept it.

I tell this story as I reflect on just 12 years back I was broke, bankrupt, and in the middle of a divorce and 250,00 in debt. I truly thought I had to have

a mortgage, a new car or three, I spent six to eight hours to learn money basics that most people already have, and got rid of all my loans, lived on

beans, and just this winter I got my first furnace (in six year), I cut wood, split it, and heated my whole house with it. I have zero debt, oh there's been a lot of

changes, but when you live like nobody else for a time, you can really live like nobody else in the future. I have two shacks now on a mountain, a beautiful view and peace of mind, not worrying about driving 100 miles a day to a job I hate to make sure I can get that money to pay for all that shit I could never afford anyway. Rat race over!!! Peace

janey
01-28-2014, 09:51 AM
Currently I'm very interested in drawing layouts and floor plans of houses, especially while I'm at work. And I toetilly like to spend hours watching or reading about people who do weird, scary or bizarre things.

Ashlee13x
01-28-2014, 09:54 AM
I play guitar...although I really enjoy it when I do play, it's sometimes hard to find the motivation to do so when my mood is low.

I would recommend playing a musical instrument though. It's a great outlet and requires concentration which I find helps me to focus my mind on something other than my fear and anxiety.

This is cool.

I play the guitar too... It's really good for keeping your mind preocuppied!!

Also reading helps as well!! in the peace and quiet!!

GeneAllen
01-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Sounds great . Sort of moving towards this in many ways .

It's changed my life, but I had to make the decision to get going. Never regretted it, and still doing the same things that work. This is a terrific time to see it all happen again. Pretty excited. All my best. Peace

GeneAllen
01-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Repairing my house . Reading . Gardening , work , Collecting heaps of old stuff . Raising birds ( hopefully breeding). Trying to move towards more life less work permaculture lifestyle. Just chilling and enjoy life as much as possible i guess .

Sounds like me. I don't have birds though. I've been in a much simpler way for eight years now, and it's not always beautiful but it's exciting. Peace

Anxious Abi
01-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Mine would be drawing, taking pictures, writing stories in my head, also known as daydreaming. Watching the birds on the feeder, planning my eventual move to an isolated island where all there is to worry about is food and shelter. S'about it.

Suza201
01-29-2014, 04:44 AM
Wow they're all great hobbies! I wish I enjoyed things like this to keep my mind busy. I don't really have any hobbies at all! Probably half the reason I'm anxious most of the time. I'm really liking the music instrument idea so that my mins would be occupied though...