PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else ever experienced this?

MissCKC
02-24-2008, 02:21 PM
I have been dealing with anxiety disorder for the past few years I guess. It really didn't become too much of a problem until several months ago when I had my first panic attack and was taken from my job in an ambulance because I thought that I was having a heart attack. Things ever since that night have been a lot more difficult for me. Anyway...I have developed a new symptom that I am assuming is due to my anxiety disorder and I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this. The first time it happened I was at work and I was talking to a guest and all of a sudden I felt paralyzed. I don't really know how else to describe it. It was like I wanted to move my body but for a brief second I couldn't. It was a really scary thing to experience. For the rest of the night I went through the same thing. It was like the muscles in my neck were really tight or something and I was having trouble moving my head and neck. Does anyone else have any idea what I'm talking about??? :?

ron111
02-24-2008, 07:37 PM
This may not be related at all. But i've heard of something similiar to happen to people when they are sleeping. It has happened to me numerous times. You wake up sorta, but your body thinks you are still sleeping. Something really weird happens, but you can't move your body. It only happens for a few seconds, but it has happened to me. Maybe it's related, but I really don't think its uncommon what you are going through.

MissCKC
02-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Yeah its really weird. I wonder what else it could be related to. I have never heard of it as an anxiety symptom either but I'm not sure what else it could be. But anyway... thank you for the feedback!

shaggy82
02-25-2008, 07:49 AM
I have experienced this also!
But not in such a strong way as you have. But in norway whe have something called "sheepstare" - or "goatstare".. Dont know if stare is the right word. But its when your eyes just lock on to something and you cant look other places.

I have gotten things like this with my body after i got anxiety. But i just need to shake my head, and it goes away. But it is scary yes..

Maybe not the same, though

MissCKC
02-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Yeah it was pretty scary when I experienced it the first time because I had never felt anything like that before. I'm pretty sure it's anxiety related because it only happens when I'm at work...which is where most of my anxiety problems take place. Thanks for sharing...it's always good to know that other people have at least had similar experiences.

saskykitty
02-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Yip I have experienced the same thing in my legs. It felt like they were made of led or something its so hard to explain but i know exactly what you mean its so freakin scary. I actually went straight into fright and flight and dashed for my car when it happened lol, I was in a mall. I must have looked crazy or something running like that. Do you have other symptoms when it happens? I havent had one of those in ages thank god its such a sucky feeling. The worst there is.

MissCKC
02-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Yeah the other symptoms I experienced with it were extreme tension in my neck and shoulders, pressure in my head, and trouble focusing my eyes. It was a really weird thing to experience. I have been dealing with other symptoms like dizziness, heart palpitations, and my chest will get really tight...the only way I can describe it is it feels like there is a rubber band around my heart or something. I was used to those symptoms but this paralyzed feeling was new. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one! Thanks so much.