PDA

View Full Version : Why on earth did I get anxiety?

Johnnn
01-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Last year I woke up one morning with severe anxiety, which caused me to feel nauseas 24/7 for 5 months straight. It isn't as bad now but still effects me to this day. I have no idea what caused my brain to just doing this to me. I have not gone through anything truamatic, no history of anxiety or depression, i was very confident, i loved who i was as a person and felt very connected to who i was. It literally happened one morning for no reason at all. I don't understand, how on earth does someone go to sleep feeling completely normal, confident, strong, etc and then wake up with severe anxiety which completely changes their life and way of thinking. Someone please tell me what could have happened. could it be hormones/puberty?

reese
01-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Last year I woke up one morning with severe anxiety, which caused me to feel nauseas 24/7 for 5 months straight. It isn't as bad now but still effects me to this day. I have no idea what caused my brain to just doing this to me. I have not gone through anything truamatic, no history of anxiety or depression, i was very confident, i loved who i was as a person and felt very connected to who i was. It literally happened one morning for no reason at all. I don't understand, how on earth does someone go to sleep feeling completely normal, confident, strong, etc and then wake up with severe anxiety which completely changes their life and way of thinking. Someone please tell me what could have happened. could it be hormones/puberty?

Hormones play a huge part in anxiety, they effect your mood, emotions and even body (like nausea and headaches). A lot of times anxiety shows up overnight, inexplicably. But when you start working with a therapist or professional counselor you realize that it had been building and building until one day it tipped over the "point of no ignore" where you couldn't ignore or push aside your fears and feelings anymore.

Have you talked to anyone about what's going on?

Stay strong!

Dahila
01-27-2014, 06:31 PM
not everyone is able to do this by oneself, very often we need the help of professional therapist.

NixonRulz
01-27-2014, 08:01 PM

You and everyone else here woke up one day asking the same thing

But it really doesn't matter why it happened

Start focusing on not why it happened but what you can do to put this behind you

Dahila
01-27-2014, 08:07 PM
I think focusing on the bitch makes it worse...

I do not have to explain what is the b?

NixonRulz
01-27-2014, 08:10 PM
I think focusing on the bitch makes it worse... I do not have to explain what is the b?

I agree whole heartily