PDA

View Full Version : What if prozac isnt helping anymore

Blessed
01-27-2014, 01:23 PM
I have been asking around Bout if I need to increase my dosage or try a new med. I don't think I should still feel this anxious on an SSRI?

em1
01-27-2014, 01:27 PM
I have been asking around Bout if I need to increase my dosage or try a new med. I don't think I should still feel this anxious on an SSRI?

How long have you been on it And what dose ?

mrseyeore
01-27-2014, 08:34 PM
my doctor said that sometimes they have to use a couple of different types of drugs, it's not necessarily just increasing the dosage of one. a person may be lacking in both dopamine or GABA or seratonin or some combination of them.

Dahila
01-27-2014, 08:56 PM
I agree with Forwells on everything. We know Blessed for some time, and it is the same story all over again....Blessed I am fighting with anxiety for over 30 years and I am trying to live at the same time, but i try everything beside the meds, meditation, relaxation, yoga, exercise, dogs training,,,,, you name it. I am doing the best to follow my dreams, no anxiety will stop me:) I have countless hobbies. All the years of struggling, and I had never gave up. I have to live for the beauty of life, for my family, for my friends who constantly needs me....

NixonRulz
01-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Do you know what is causing the anxiety in the first place? Anxiety if born from fear. What are you fearful of?

It's a pretty long list

Up your bandwidth

Ashlee13x
01-28-2014, 04:50 AM
I am taking Prozac as well and I feel that it isn't actually helping anymore... I was going to ask them to up my dose but I started hypnotherapy and I feel like I don't need the medes anymore.. the anxiety is still there and I need a bit more help but i'm on the right path! Are you seeing anyone about your anxiety???