PDA

View Full Version : Will the initial side-effects of sertraline (Zoloft) go away

turkeymcnugget
02-22-2008, 04:57 PM
I have recently started taking sertraline and am going through major, profound jitteriness -- clammy hands, shakiness, thoughts everywhere at once, unreal muscle tension...I realize everyone's experience is different, but is it usually the case that this initial unpleasantness goes away? Years ago I took Luvox for about five years...No adverse effects whatsoever and it worked awesome for my anxiety and OCD.

indigo
02-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey, you are the first person I wrote a reply to, just joined the forum. Anyway, I had problems with Zoloft for a week or two. The increased anxiety was the worst of all things. It will go away, I am sure. I took some Diazepam at that time to help cope with it. I just need to warn you that once you decide to go off it, just go really slow, reducing the dose slowly, so that this does not happen again to you. Good luck!

turkeymcnugget
02-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Thank you very much for your reply! I have only been taking it for three days and if this gets any worse I will have to stop...I am seriously bouncing off the walls...

indigo
02-22-2008, 05:52 PM
well try not to give up too soon. i guess that starting zoloft was not an easy decision, so try to stick to it for a while one you started. i suggest you try to sleep as much as possible and give it at least 10 days. i am sure you will be glad you did that. and let me know if it worked out...