PDA

View Full Version : CAN you or CAN'T you die from panic attacks??

AliasEQ
01-26-2014, 09:57 AM
Aaaand once again I'm freaking out thanks to google. I haven't been able to relax for a week and I've had 2 "milder" panic attacks. When I have a panic attack, I usually google the symptoms and find out that they're not harmful. This helps me to relax. BUT, today I was wondering if a panic attack could kill you or damage your heart. Some say it can and others say it can't. There was someone who said that you could die by hyperventilating or by hurting your heart (High BP) and possibly get a heart attack. On the other hand, someone said that you couldn't die and that no one has ever died from panic attacks because it's not physical pain.

Who am I supposed to trust here?? Can anyone explain it? Would really appreciate it!

Also, I'm not going to take any medication. I think it would only make it worse. I'm not willing to risk to experience the horrible side effects.

rawrz87
01-26-2014, 10:07 AM
This is a direct quote from the NHS website in the UK:

"Panic attacks can be very frightening and intense, but they are not dangerous. A panic attack will not cause you any physical harm and it is unlikely that you will be admitted to hospital if you have had a panic attack."

Stop googling!!

Amen! This is good information.

AliasEQ
01-26-2014, 10:12 AM
This is a direct quote from the NHS website in the UK:

"Panic attacks can be very frightening and intense, but they are not dangerous. A panic attack will not cause you any physical harm and it is unlikely that you will be admitted to hospital if you have had a panic attack."

Stop googling!!

Thank you!! From now on I'll stop googling and stay on this site if I have any questions. Really appreciate your help man!

janey
01-26-2014, 08:12 PM
You're not going to die from a panic attack alone. No way. It feels like dying, but it's not dying. I bet almost every single person on this forum has had one and as far as I can tell I'm alive. :)

sohipithurts
01-26-2014, 08:23 PM
You CANNOT die from a panic attack itself.

JLBnole68
01-26-2014, 09:32 PM
The only way it could kill you is if somebody on here could reach through the screen and choke you for Googling.

iloveyu29
01-26-2014, 10:13 PM
The only way it could kill you is if somebody on here could reach through the screen and choke you for Googling.

Lol that's a funny thing haha nice one

I am not my brain
01-26-2014, 10:46 PM
http://www.anxietynetwork.com/content/what-you-fear-most-cannot-happen

You cannot die from panic or anxiety :)

AliasEQ
01-27-2014, 04:58 AM
You CANNOT die from a panic attack itself.

Can it cause something else that will harm you?