PDA

View Full Version : Just can't let myself switch off.

James Spiers
01-26-2014, 07:55 AM
It's Sunday! I woke up with a crappy cold!

All I want to do is watch trash TV and do NOTHING.

I can't get past the overwhelming feeling of guilt that I am wasting the day, and I should be doing something productive!

The more I sit here I am just checking the time constantly and feels like the day is just speeding by. Yet I can't bring myself to get off the couch!

So frustrating!!!!

em1
01-26-2014, 08:03 AM
It's Sunday! I woke up with a crappy cold! All I want to do is watch trash TV and do NOTHING. I can't get past the overwhelming feeling of guilt that I am wasting the day, and I should be doing something productive! The more I sit here I am just checking the time constantly and feels like the day is just speeding by. Yet I can't bring myself to get off the couch! So frustrating!!!!

Hello James I've got a
Lovely cold to.they make you feel like you don't want to move on top of the anxitey,don't beat yours up about not doing anything today give your body time to heal,veg out watch some fab films have something nice to eat take some time
For you

NeverToo...Fear
01-26-2014, 08:07 AM
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon.

I'm always under the pressure and guilt that there is something I should be doing to make the day productive. And in most cases, yeah, you should be doing something productive. BUT sometimes you need a down day or two. Plus a cold just makes things worse. So for today, try to keep that Lennon quote in mind and just have a down day for you. All that productive stuff can wait for tomorrow. It'll still be there. :)

Dahila
01-26-2014, 08:16 AM
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon.

I'm always under the pressure and guilt that there is something I should be doing to make the day productive. And in most cases, yeah, you should be doing something productive. BUT sometimes you need a down day or two. Plus a cold just makes things worse. So for today, try to keep that Lennon quote in mind and just have a down day for you. All that productive stuff can wait for tomorrow. It'll still be there. :)
Such fine post NeverToo...Fear:))

I always feel guilty when I am wasting my time, but i have such fun, it started to happen like two years ago, but i am old and I think, that I did enough in my life;)) I am still learning new tricks though.
I do not think you wasting the time:)) get well soon..