PDA

View Full Version : vision problems, help?

darknut
01-26-2014, 02:56 AM
ok so long story short i had a panic attack new years eve thats landed me with chronic anxiety to add onto my major depression
its gotten so bad to the point where i feel like i cant focus my eyes enough, like i can only focus on one object kind of like my vision is tunneling
i went to the eye doctor and he says my eyes are perfectly healthy and that im seeing 20/20 with my glasses on so theres literally no explanation to this aside from my anxiety (which im really hoping it is)
can someone tell me what the best way to help this problem is? it's constant, im constantly nervous and its making me feel like im starting to lose my mind

gregsmithhhhhhh
01-26-2014, 03:01 AM
i suffer vision issues also. For a few months now everything has seemed a bit on the blurry side and it was also triggered by a major bout with anxiety, not sure if that's what you're saying but anxiety definitely messes with your vision. Personally, I went to my regular doctor instead of my eye doctor, and he said he didn't see a problem and told me to see an eye doctor. It's most likely all in your head, and it will pass

darknut
01-26-2014, 03:08 AM
i suffer vision issues also. For a few months now everything has seemed a bit on the blurry side and it was also triggered by a major bout with anxiety, not sure if that's what you're saying but anxiety definitely messes with your vision. Personally, I went to my regular doctor instead of my eye doctor, and he said he didn't see a problem and told me to see an eye doctor. It's most likely all in your head, and it will pass

alright, thanks for the reassurance, i've got an appointment with my regular doctor on the 1st along with a psych appointment on the 4th, so that should get things cleared up
and yeah, im sorry i rushed a bit typing this. the panic attack i had was one of the worst bouts of anxiety ive ever experienced
but anyway, thanks again!