PDA

View Full Version : Question.

justineLyann
01-25-2014, 11:32 PM
A it normal to constantly moody and having a attitude for the littlest things ?

iloveyu29
01-25-2014, 11:40 PM
I will let someone else answer this lol but dang woman are grumpy and moody always lol.

justineLyann
01-25-2014, 11:43 PM
I will let someone else answer this lol but dang woman are grumpy and moody always lol.

Lol yea true but lately it's for the littles thing

raggamuffin
01-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Frayed temper, quick to snap - all very common. When you're going through anxiety it's testing enough on your emotions so it's only natural your temper will probably be worse than when you're feeling less stressed and anxious.

Ed

justineLyann
01-26-2014, 12:38 AM
Frayed temper, quick to snap - all very common. When you're going through anxiety it's testing enough on your emotions so it's only natural your temper will probably be worse than when you're feeling less stressed and anxious. Ed

OMG thanks so much another question is memory loss anxiety as well cause I have recently been feeling it and it's making me feel that I have Alzheimer's which scares me cause I can't remember little things and some other past things that I could before

raggamuffin
01-26-2014, 12:46 AM
Anxiety can certainly cause memory issues. The list of anxiety symptoms is huge and stickied to the top of this forum section. That's not to say you can't get other symptoms, again, all caused by anxiety. We make the symptoms worse by worrying about them. Anxiety related symptoms are caused by excess stress and worry. So if a pain comes along and then you spend hours worrying and panicking about them and convinced they're a disease or disorder then you're making your body and mind even more worried which means more pains which means more worries and it's a vicious circle. Pains and symptoms are alarming but you can't respond with emotions, this makes it all spin out of control and last longer. So what do you do? You rationalize the situations, don't give in to emotions, remind yourself you're not in danger or have some underlying issue.

Memory loss is common, i've had short term memory issues myself when things were really bad. Days seemed to merge into one another and I couldn't remember when one symptom or issue arose and another one ended. If you spend too long fixating on the negatives then little things and good things in life pass you by. It's only natural that spending so much time caught up in yoyur own world with anxiety means that dates, events and occurances in the real world pass you by and can be easily forgotten. because you wind up with such a one track mind with anxiety and you end up so far flung from friends and family and most importantly; reality.

With anxiety it's all about perspective - yes the symptoms can hurt or feel really unnerving and affect your temper and make you feel far flung from your old self. But the body is giving out all these unpleasant symptoms to show you "Hey i'm stressed, cut it out and let me relax and repair". Often people with anxiety can't do that so the body just winds up more stressed and kicking out more symptoms. If you practice keeping busy and looking for the good in life instead of dwelling on the bad then you're on your way to recovery.

Anxiety tends to take you away from the real world and you wind up writing your own nightmare. A headache when you have anxiety will make you worry about a tumour or a stroke or some such when in reality it's just a headache but stressing about it can make it feel more intense or add other unpleasant symptoms like dizziness or nausea. Mind over matter really is true when it comes to anxiety and physical manifestations of anxiety. Before anxiety came about if you had a headache you'd take some pain killers, drink some water and ride it out till it went.

A GP I visit made a very valid point to me. He said he's had patients coming to him about the minorest of issues but they're so anxious and terrified of "what if's" that they spend their whole lives thinking negatively and missing the good things in life. He said many of these paitents when they reach their 50's or 60's are still in bad habits and the notes on their patient file are astronimical and even after decades of worrying that something bad is wrong with them or going to happen, the reality is it hasn't.

This is why it's so saddening to see so many young people struck down with anxiety. But you can overcome the negative ways of thinking. When that occurs symptoms will lesssen, this doesn't happen overnight mind you. Even when you can fully accept all this discomfort is from anxiety (which is a big step) you will still get the discomfort as regular as usual, but gradually, over time it will lessen.

Anyway that's enough waffling from me. Hope you feel better soon, just remember to focus on the good things in life instead of getting bogged down with all the negative stuff, which, more often than not isn't there, it's just the parnaoia from anxiety blowing everything out of proportion.

Ed

justineLyann
01-26-2014, 12:53 AM
Anxiety can certainly cause memory issues. The list of anxiety symptoms is huge and stickied to the top of this forum section. That's not to say you can't get other symptoms, again, all caused by anxiety. We make the symptoms worse by worrying about them. Anxiety related symptoms are caused by excess stress and worry. So if a pain comes along and then you spend hours worrying and panicking about them and convinced they're a disease or disorder then you're making your body and mind even more worried which means more pains which means more worries and it's a vicious circle. Memory loss is common, i've had short term memory issues myself when things were really bad. Days seemed to merge into one another and I couldn't remember when one symptom or issue arose and another one ended. If you spend too long fixating on the negatives then little things and good things in life pass you by. With anxiety it's all about perspective - yes the symptoms can hurt or feel really unnerving and affect your temper and make you feel far flung from your old self. But the body is giving out all these unpleasant symptoms to show you "Hey i'm stressed, cut it out and let me relax and repair". Often people with anxiety can't do that so the body just winds up more stressed and kicking out more symptoms. If you practice keepign busy and looking for the good in life instead of dwelling on the bd then you're on your way to recovery. Anxiety tends to take you away from the real world and you wind up writing your own nightmare. A headache when you have anxiety will make you worry about a tumour or a stroke or some such when in reality it's just a headache but stressing about it can make it feel more intense or add other unpleasant symptoms like dizziness or nausea. Mind over matter really is true when it comes to anxiety and physical manifestations of anxiety. Before anxiety came about if you had a headache you'd take some pain killers, drink some water and ride it out till it went. A GP I visit made a very valid point to me. He said he's had patients coming to him about the minorest of issues but they're so anxious and terrified of "what if's" that they spend their whole lives thinking negatively and missing the good things in life. He said many of these paitents when they reach their 50's or 60's are still in bad habits and the notes on their patient file are astronimical and even after decades of worrying that something bad is wrong with them or going to happen, the reality is it hasn't. This is why it's so saddening to see so many young people struck down with anxiety. But you can overcome the negative ways of thinking. When that occurs symptoms will lesssen, this doesn't happen overnight mind you. Even when you can fully accept all this discomfort is from anxiety (which is a big step) you will still get the discomfort as regular as usual, but gradually, over time it will lessen. Anyway that's enough waffling from me. Hope you feel better soon, just remember to focus on the good things in life instead of getting bogged down with all the negative stuff, which, more often than not isn't there, it's just the parnaoia from anxiety blowing everything out of proportion. Ed

OMG you have helped me so much I have head every symptom and feeling beyond words and I do constantly worry of what if it's something more than it isn't and I'm learning day by day that it's making me sick and I need to get out of that stage

raggamuffin
01-26-2014, 01:01 AM
It takes practice but you can do it. Just have to not rise to the emotional bait when a symptom comes along. Just be rational - yes I have a headache, but i've had them before. I will drink some water, have some pain killers and it'll be gone in an hours time. As opposed to - why have I got a headache? When will it go away? What if it doesn't go away? It's hruting more. What if it's a tumour? What if i'm going to have a stroke? What if nobody is around to help me and I die? What will my family do when I die?

See how blown out of proportions anxiety can wind up? I'm using it as an example but in reality i've allowed emotions to spiral out of control like that over a simple headache myself. So as I say, rationalize things, keep busy and look for the good in life. Yes there'll be times when you slip up oir have an episode where things do become too much buteverytime things feel bad - you always wake up the next day. Day by day there's more and more evidence building that things aren't as bad as you convince yourself they are and in reality anxiety isn't controlling our lives. In reality we're in contgrol of anxiety and we're allowing it to control our life because we fuel it with all our fears and worries.

Ed

justineLyann
01-26-2014, 01:07 AM
It takes practice but you can do it. Just have to not rise to the emotional bait when a symptom comes along. Just be rational - yes I have a headache, but i've had them before. I will drink some water, have some pain killers and it'll be gone in an hours time. As opposed to - why have I got a headache? When will it go away? What if it doesn't go away? It's hruting more. What if it's a tumour? What if i'm going to have a stroke? What if nobody is around to help me and I die? What will my family do when I die? See how blown out of proportions anxiety can wind up? I'm using it as an example but in reality i've allowed emotions to spiral out of control like that over a simple headache myself. So as I say, rationalize things, keep busy and look for the good in life. Yes there'll be times when you slip up oir have an episode where things do become too much buteverytime things feel bad - you always wake up the next day. Day by day there's more and more evidence building that things aren't as bad as you convince yourself they are and in reality anxiety isn't controlling our lives. In reality we're in contgrol of anxiety and we're allowing it to control our life because we fuel it with all our fears and worries. Ed

You are so right and I am so determine to get rid of this and live happy and normal life I have been feeling this feeling on the top of my head on the left side it's a feeling like throbbing and if you was to place you knuckle on you left side of head and that kinda worries me

raggamuffin
01-26-2014, 01:12 AM
Anxiety can cause all sorts of head pains. You can get headaches virtually anywhere in the head or a throbbing pain that comes and goes. They can be most unnerving because it's hard to adapt to a pain that comes as quickly as it goes and each time it comes you worrry how long it'll last or when it'll go. but again this is responding with emotions. i sometimes get a random shooting pain in my head. it'll only be once in a blue moon but it's very intense and lasts a second and it does take a moment to regain your compsure because you wonder "what on earth was that". But trace it all back to anxiety. When you start to rationalize situations and symptoms and get on with life, focus on the good and keep busy you'll notice that symptoms will fade or disappear completly. Take up old hobbies or find new ones. There'll often be days when I feel quite rough but when i'm drawing or playing a video game or reading the pains will lessen. This is all evidence that it's due to anxiety. Pains and symptoms really do hinge on how much time we dedicate upon them.

When pains and symptoms throb, come and go, hop all over the body or disappear when another comes along - it's all classic signs of anxiety pains. Just remind yourself you're not in danger and it's not going to get any worse. When you invest emotions, especially negative ones into symptoms you make the fight or flight response kick in which means more adrenaline which means heightened anxiety and more aches and pains.

Ed

justineLyann
01-26-2014, 01:22 AM
Anxiety can cause all sorts of head pains. You can get headaches virtually anywhere in the head or a throbbing pain that comes and goes. They can be most unnerving because it's hard to adapt to a pain that comes as quickly as it goes and each time it comes you worrry how long it'll last or when it'll go. but again this is responding with emotions. i sometimes get a random shooting pain in my head. it'll only be once in a blue moon but it's very intense and lasts a second and it does take a moment to regain your compsure because you wonder "what on earth was that". But trace it all back to anxiety. When you start to rationalize situations and symptoms and get on with life, focus on the good and keep busy you'll notice that symptoms will fade or disappear completly. Take up old hobbies or find new ones. There'll often be days when I feel quite rough but when i'm drawing or playing a video game or reading the pains will lessen. This is all evidence that it's due to anxiety. Pains and symptoms really do hinge on how much time we dedicate upon them. When pains and symptoms throb, come and go, hop all over the body or disappear when another comes along - it's all classic signs of anxiety pains. Just remind yourself you're not in danger and it's not going to get any worse. When you invest emotions, especially negative ones into symptoms you make the fight or flight response kick in which means more adrenaline which means heightened anxiety and more aches and pains. Ed

Yea your are beyond right I just get a feel if what is this because it's at the top of my head I think something in brain or tumor as well it happened once earlier around 12 an happened again a few minutes ago it happens for like 5 minutes an than leaves

raggamuffin
01-26-2014, 01:30 AM
So when they come don't respond with emotion, just think to yoruself "go away" or "you're not going to hurt me anymore than the pain you give me now" and remind yourself there's no danger with this pain. In reality a tumour or anythign sinister would have far more symptoms going on than a headache which comes and goes every few minutes. So don't allow emotions and fears to take over. Go find something to pre-occupy yourself and keep you occupied and happy.

Focusing on the good and happy side of life is very helpful. I often find a new stand up comedy show can help me feel better if I am feeling low. Laughter is very good at uplifting your spirits and there's plenty of stand up comedy shows online. Youtube has a lot. For instance why not have a look at the drunk ravings of an Irish comedian...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpkiIaFv5As

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNAh9_BPBFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hieTxQ0oJPc

That's 3 full length shows. over 3 hours of laughter :)

Hope you feel better soon.

Ed