PDA

View Full Version : Trying to "get off" coffee

lexiii
01-25-2014, 07:43 AM
I don't know what's worse ... My craving for coffee or the massive headache I get when I don't drink it. Ugh!!! Having a cup right now (had too) any tips ?

monkeynuts111
01-25-2014, 07:47 AM
Try decaf? My advice would be to come off it altogether, it's a stimulant, and like other stimulants it will increase your anxiety levels. My advice is to get rid completely. For a few days you might get headaches from the caffeine withdrawal but worth it in the long run.

lexiii
01-25-2014, 07:55 AM
Try decaf? My advice would be to come off it altogether, it's a stimulant, and like other stimulants it will increase your anxiety levels. My advice is to get rid completely. For a few days you might get headaches from the caffeine withdrawal but worth it in the long run.

Yeah decaf is a good idea!! Thanks !

monkeynuts111
01-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Remember that decaf still has a small amount of caffeine aswell despite being called decaf.

NeverToo...Fear
01-25-2014, 08:22 AM
lol, reading this post made me want coffee ! :P

Lexii, quitting coffee/caffeine is pretty hard. I've done it several times. I never liked going the decaf route. It just didn't seem to be the same.
It might help just to gradually reduce the amount you are consuming everyday. Gradually reducing the amount greatly helps in not getting those massive headaches and extreme tiredness in the afternoon. I went cold turkey one time. It's doable, but much harder and you end up having extra the next day.. good luck with it. Are you trying get off of it because of anxiety?

lexiii
01-25-2014, 08:29 AM
lol, reading this post made me want coffee ! :P Lexii, quitting coffee/caffeine is pretty hard. I've done it several times. I never liked going the decaf route. It just didn't seem to be the same. It might help just to gradually reduce the amount you are consuming everyday. Gradually reducing the amount greatly helps in not getting those massive headaches and extreme tiredness in the afternoon. I went cold turkey one time. It's doable, but much harder and you end up having extra the next day.. good luck with it. Are you trying get off of it because of anxiety?

Yes because of anxiety ! Everyone tells me to stop drinking it but I seriously crave it I only have a cup a day but I still get bad headaches when I don't have one I should gradually try to stop and if I crave than try decaf I guess. ?

NeverToo...Fear
01-25-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm similar, I usually have a cup, and the headaches are a bitch if I don't.. Gradually try to stop and yeah, you can try decaf when you get a craving. In fact if you want to still "feel" like you are drinking regular, you can always try putting the decaf in a regular coffee bag and go from there, lol ..I hope getting off the coffee helps you :)

Dahila
01-25-2014, 09:17 AM
I am coffee drinker too, once in a while I replace it with green tea and it works like a charm, gives you a refreshing feeling. No cravings for coffee then :)
Maybe you should try it:)

lexiii
01-25-2014, 01:30 PM
I am coffee drinker too, once in a while I replace it with green tea and it works like a charm, gives you a refreshing feeling. No cravings for coffee then :) Maybe you should try it:)

I've heard green tea has more caffeine than coffee?? True or no?? If not I love green tea I could def drink it every day haha

monkeynuts111
01-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Yes in theory it does, but the green tea leaf neutralises the caffeine so it's not absorbed by the body