PDA

View Full Version : Weaning off medication!

Suza201
01-25-2014, 06:36 AM
Hi everyone... I'm not at the weaning stage, although I wish I was. I'm just wondering how everyone who has weaned KNEW they were ready to give it a go?

anxietycat
01-25-2014, 06:37 AM
i feel like i'm ready now ... my doc told me to take my 10 mg of lexapro every other day for a week or two, then every 3 days, and so on and so on. I hadn't really heard of this method before. I may try it. I'd always heard to cut the pill in 1/4, 1/2, etc.

Suza201
01-25-2014, 06:42 AM
That's great, congrats! But why do you feel you're ready? How will I know when I'm ready? I suppose there's no right answer. I'm on 20mg of Lexapro.

anxietycat
01-25-2014, 06:53 AM
That's great, congrats! But why do you feel you're ready? How will I know when I'm ready? I suppose there's no right answer. I'm on 20mg of Lexapro.

I feeel like I'm ready because i've been on it for 3 years and I'm still anxious, still moody, and generally don't think it's working. I think I need to try something else. My psych rx'ed me Keppra for anxiety in addition to the lexapro and she wants to eventually wean me off the lexapro. I am nervous to take the Keppra, so I am just stuck here until I see her again in a couple of weeks. Thinking of adding in ativan daily to take the edge off.

Suza201
01-25-2014, 03:38 PM
I've never heard of the new medicine she's suggesting. Is the daily one just like a Valium. I'm in Australia so things could be different if we're not in the same country.