PDA

View Full Version : Side effects of Prozac

RWD
01-24-2014, 08:50 PM
I started Prozac today. My fiancee is a smart woman and a nurse and she says because of the drug's (longer?) half-life, the stronger anxiety I felt today was probably not attributable to the drug. Thoughts?

alankay
01-24-2014, 09:18 PM
True the longer the half life the longer to "steady state " blood level and so side effects. She is probably right. Alankay

RWD
01-24-2014, 10:00 PM
Thanks man!

be_good
01-24-2014, 10:42 PM
i started prozac 7 weeks ago and i can say its ok... the first 10 days i had really strong anxiety because of the med but after that it stopped. if you need any help you can msg me

jessed03
01-25-2014, 05:14 AM
I started Prozac today. My fiancee is a smart woman and a nurse and she says because of the drug's (longer?) half-life, the stronger anxiety I felt today was probably not attributable to the drug. Thoughts?

When taking a drug like that, a drug that's designed to change your brain chemistry, there's a lot of subconscious anxiety that goes with it.

Unless the side effects or the extra anxiety are extreme, best to just ignore it all, and Infact, not worry about, or even think about the drug whatsoever. Just let it do it's thing, and tell it you'll be back in a month or so for a follow up 'check in'.

You'll find it works quicker this way :)