PDA

View Full Version : Hi my name is Neil I am new to the Forum :)

neilsarg2012
01-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Neil and I am new to the forum, I have been suffering from anxiety for a few months now and I can honestly say its not a nice feeling to have these attacks. All started when I got injured I torn a muscle in my stomach playing with my little girl on the sofa. Yeah I know something so silly it was a shock to me too lol because I am normally a fit person that is always active playing football going gym etc. Soon as that happened is when anxiety kicked in. I got dizzy burning sensations arms and legs kept having these attacks. After 8 weeks I thought I have seriously done some serious damage to my stomach kept going doctors etc kept saying your fine and it was a skeletal muscle damage and could take up to 12 weeks to repair because it was so deep.

As time went on got back on my feet walking around again getting on with things like you do then I fell ill with the flu not like a normal flu where you get better after a week or two but something that's lasted a few months. I had flu symptoms then had problems with tonsils after that every morning I was spitting up blood in my saliva which made me really worried and anxious. Again going to docs every week and look at my throat and said you might have a infection. Had antibiotics no improvement feeling fatigued and having headaches sore throat etc then doctor said must be a virus. I was going out of hours docs and ended up in A&E which said to me I had sinusitis again I was not sure if this was sinus problems because I was not really getting pressure in my face so for a few weeks got told I had that. After going back to doctors a few times he ended up sending me up to ENT. I then had the old camera up the nose and down the throat. I was so nervous and worried at the time having it done. I ended up having a panic attack felt dizzy swearing belly ache I thought I was going to die lol. Should laugh really it was not funny at the time. Anyway they discovered I had Acid Reflux and thrush in my throat. And said it was the cause of the blood etc and give me some medication. Since then I haven never really recovered form illness well thats what it feels like anyway.

I kept feeling fatigued, tired, headaches, weak, aching in arms and legs my neck also pretty much head to toe. still going to doctors and saying look I do feel right at all I feel so ill still. So I have had loads of bloods taken then got sent to Nero because of headaches and aches in body. I had a MRI Scan on my head and throat swabs urine tests you name it I pretty much had it and all came back normal, the only thing that's was picked up was fluid in left sinus. After few weeks later still not right back to doctors and said look what is going on? I don't understand why I am not feeling well and asked him. He then turned around and said look I will be honest with you here I think its all anxiety and stress. Well I am a open person and always accept peoples options but deep down I didn't think this could be the reason all this happening because of stress and anxiety. Anyway I ended up registering to a new GP and seeing what they think because maybe a second option would be a wise move. To this day my symptoms are still happening :(

Here are the symptoms

Muscle ache
Muscle twitching all over
cold hands and feet
dry eyes and mouth
really sensitive skin all over
belly ache and hungry feeling all the time even tho I eat.

I would say the most annoying part of they symptoms are the muscle twitching and muscle ache. Can I ask are all these symptoms part of anxiety? a part of me thinks I might have some nerve problems hence the twitching and muscle ache I have had a nerve conduct test yesterday and of course I am worried and anxious.

Would love to hear from you sorry about the little life story lol and if you have got to the bottom of page give yourself a pat on the back lol

Neil :)

John_Mark
01-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Hello! Welcome to this forum.

I am new to this forum too, but I can tell you already that you are in the right place.

NeverToo...Fear
01-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Hi Neil, and welcome here. :)

Second opinion isn't a bad idea, but if you get the same thing told to you again, that is just anxiety and stress, you need to make a deal with yourself that that is what it is and accept it. That alone will help you deal with things better. Anxiety prays on what ifs and if you can accept this second opinion that there is nothing wrong with you physically, then you can deal with the anxiety better I think.

No denying that getting that flu didn't help things, but hopefully in time these symptoms will lesson.. let us know how the appointment with the new GP goes !

neilsarg2012
01-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Hi Neil, and welcome here. :) Second opinion isn't a bad idea, but if you get the same thing told to you again, that is just anxiety and stress, you need to make a deal with yourself that that is what it is and accept it. That alone will help you deal with things better. Anxiety prays on what ifs and if you can accept this second opinion that there is nothing wrong with you physically, then you can deal with the anxiety better I think. No denying that getting that flu didn't help things, but hopefully in time these symptoms will lesson.. let us know how the appointment with the new GP goes !

Hi

Thanks for your reply, Yeah I thought a second opinion was a good idea too lol. I already think I have aniexty and stress but I think deep down it's not the main cause of it. But yeah I will let you all know the out come with GP I have a blood test on Monday so see how it goes hay.

Regards
Neil