PDA

View Full Version : Propronolol

samanthajayne24
01-24-2014, 01:48 AM
Hi. Can anyone tell me if you are able to drink alcohol on propranolol and citalopram I'm an on 20 ml of citalopram and 30 ml of propranolol a day xx

chellebooka
01-24-2014, 04:56 AM
Generally no . Especially citalopram. I was on them and drinking enhances the drug. However that's not to say I didn't drink I found a glass of wine was ok but it can make u 10x more drunk. I've been drinking v heavily on my Duloxetine and quitiapine and I have now noticed I am having twitches. Think it's personal preference. Propranolol u need to be careful as it slows down your heart as it's there to elevate anxiety effects. As alcohol is a depressant it met interact or even increase the effects which may cause issues. It depends on your body I have a high tolerance level so it takes longer for any drug to take effect on me. Be careful and if in doubt don't drink.

em1
01-24-2014, 05:04 AM
I think generally with any medication it's a no go but I'm on setraline and sometimes I take 10mg of propanol and I've had one a few glasses of red and been ok

alankay
01-24-2014, 06:56 AM
Yeah you should be OK if you take both in the AM. You might be a tad drowsy from the celexa(but maybe not) and if you take the propranolol in the AM it's half gone after 5-6 hours so as long as you don't drink a great deal you should be fine. Just pay attention. If you feel OK and not too drowsy you're OK. If you take the propranolol before going out just again pay attention as 30 mgs is not a huge dose. I doubt it will reduce your pulse much as some heart patients take well over 100 mgs a couple times a day and your just at 30mgs for anxiety. I have no issue with 30 mgs just don't drink too much. Alankay

samanthajayne24
01-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Haven't drunk for months so was going to have a glass of wine but gone past it now. Thanks anyway guys good to know xx

em1
01-24-2014, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE="samanthajayne24;151083"]Haven't drunk for months so was going to have a glass of wine but gone past it now. Thanks anyway guys good to know xx[/QUOTE
Oh Hagar won't hurt you at all I do at weekends :)