PDA

View Full Version : Please help worsed attack yet

Blessed
01-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Am unable to go control myself . My heart is pounding so hard and fast it's never done it like this before. Feel faint. Dizzy. Chest pain. Took two ativan praying and begging for relief someone please help me. Anyone?

JLBnole68
01-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Alright, just read through this and try to concentrate. This is only the worst one because you've hyped yourself up into a frenzy. You're going to be fine. Everything is ok, despite the unpleasant symptoms. You're not dying. This isn't going to harm you. Keep reading and repeating. Everything is fine. I'm going to be fine. This is just anxiety and nothing more. It will not hurt me. I've faced this before and I've won each battle. This is nothing more than adrenaline. I need not fear it. This is the worst, and it will leave shortly. I am thankful my body knows how to protect me from harm. It's a good body. A strong body. A good heart. I am healing. I am relaxing. I am going to let my arms relax. Now my legs. The tension and fright are passing. I will not let fear control me. I am well. I'm relaxing my head. I will let each muscle in my face relax as I close my eyes and unclench my teeth. I will let that same feeling move through my chest, down through my stomach and into my lower body as I feel each group of muscles relaxing, letting go of the tension. I am well. I am blessed. I am whole. I need not have fear. I am calm and at peace. I am happy this has passed. I will remain relaxed and at peace, no need for fear. I am strong. I am healthy. I am well.

JLBnole68
01-23-2014, 10:51 PM
Now don't tense up again. If you feel it, go back and read these affirmations aloud. And relax each part of your body as you do so.

Terre Nova
01-24-2014, 01:22 AM
Am unable to go control myself . My heart is pounding so hard and fast it's never done it like this before. Feel faint. Dizzy. Chest pain. Took two ativan praying and begging for relief someone please help me. Anyone?

I'm here for you!! Just remember to hold your breath a bit.. Try to slow it down.. Lay on your side and count down from 100 slowly... This is just your body becoming overactive with asking too!!
Tell your mind its just an overactive nervous system.... The only way calm is to do the things im saying...
I know exactly what you're going through!!
Calm down hun :)
Keep counting down :)
I'm still here if you need

Blessed
01-24-2014, 05:04 AM
I made it ! What a rough evening thank you all for your help really! . Not sure what triggered it but my heart was pounding so hard I think my imagination got carried away .

meichmann
01-24-2014, 06:43 AM
And you know what? you just got stronger! Whenever you get over an attack, you should sit back, giggle a little bit over it, and say to yourself "Is that all you got? that's nothing!". Pat yourself on the back and treat yourself for making it through.

Glad to hear you're ok!

Blessed
01-24-2014, 06:57 AM
Alright, just read through this and try to concentrate. This is only the worst one because you've hyped yourself up into a frenzy. You're going to be fine. Everything is ok, despite the unpleasant symptoms. You're not dying. This isn't going to harm you. Keep reading and repeating. Everything is fine. I'm going to be fine. This is just anxiety and nothing more. It will not hurt me. I've faced this before and I've won each battle. This is nothing more than adrenaline. I need not fear it. This is the worst, and it will leave shortly. I am thankful my body knows how to protect me from harm. It's a good body. A strong body. A good heart. I am healing. I am relaxing. I am going to let my arms relax. Now my legs. The tension and fright are passing. I will not let fear control me. I am well. I'm relaxing my head. I will let each muscle in my face relax as I close my eyes and unclench my teeth. I will let that same feeling move through my chest, down through my stomach and into my lower body as I feel each group of muscles relaxing, letting go of the tension. I am well. I am blessed. I am whole. I need not have fear. I am calm and at peace. I am happy this has passed. I will remain relaxed and at peace, no need for fear. I am strong. I am healthy. I am well.awesome post !

Blessed
01-24-2014, 06:59 AM
Is it the adrenalin that causes your heart to pound like a hammer and you can feel it pulsating all the way to your finger tips. I mean last night my hands were pulsing because my heart beat was so hard. Is this harmful or damaging to your heart?

Dahila
01-24-2014, 08:10 AM
Is it the adrenalin that causes your heart to pound like a hammer and you can feel it pulsating all the way to your finger tips. I mean last night my hands were pulsing because my heart beat was so hard. Is this harmful or damaging to your heart?

I do not make threads about my heart pounding, but it scares the helll out of me.... It is very frightening

vonnhelsing
01-24-2014, 09:06 AM
It doesnt damage the heart. The heart is a muscle and it gets stronger. The way exercise is good for the heart is that it makes your heart pound which strengthens it. With anxiety our heart pounds hard but we are not exercising which is why its really good to do some light - medium intensity exercises (light jog, light weight lifting, yoga etc) which burns away all that adrenaline. Adrenaline can become an issue (toxic) if it remains in your body for too long for example if you have daily panic attacks and all you do is lie in bed all day. Need to expel all that from your body..

Blessed
01-24-2014, 09:27 AM
It doesnt damage the heart. The heart is a muscle and it gets stronger. The way exercise is good for the heart is that it makes your heart pound which strengthens it. With anxiety our heart pounds hard but we are not exercising which is why its really good to do some light - medium intensity exercises (light jog, light weight lifting, yoga etc) which burns away all that adrenaline. Adrenaline can become an issue (toxic) if it remains in your body for too long for example if you have daily panic attacks and all you do is lie in bed all day. Need to expel all that from your body.. how go I know if I am expelling it enough. It's starting to do it again. My heart is fluttering and pounding. This is nuts

Blessed
01-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Please talk with me my heart rate is. 130 .

vonnhelsing
01-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Call up a friend or is there someone around you you can talk with? For me if I have a good enough distraction it all stops instantly.

Get someone to go for a quick walk outside with you. Take it easy..

My hearts been fluttering all day. Its so stressful I know. It just doesnt feel right. But we're still here right?

Just think about it.. if it were a heart issue would it come and go like this? No. The heart is not like a broken leg.. it cant be broken and then gradually heal over time.

We do whatever we can to feel relaxed and eventually the flutters go dont they? A malfunctioning heart wouldnt respond in this way.

Applecherry
01-24-2014, 10:16 AM
how go I know if I am expelling it enough. It's starting to do it again. My heart is fluttering and pounding. This is nuts

(stating the obvious) but you're having anxiety, that's why it keeps doing it, and you're not breathing properly. I don't know the cause for your attack, but maybe being online right now isn't making you feel good cause you are dwelling on your heart pounding. If you can't think of anything else you want to do right now, just go take a walk, put on your headphones and just walk at a fast pace, and get your breathing set right again.. Come back later, and maybe you'll feel a bit better.

Heart racing isn't your problem anyway, it's your breathing you need to set right. When you feel you can't breathe, you freak out, and then your heart races, and the adrenalin gets going etc.. Try eating a little something too, cause hunger produces stress hormones also, and for me personally, when I feel hungry, I feel I can't breathe right (which maybe makes no sense, but nonetheless, it's a trigger for me).

Blessed
01-24-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm at work and it's such a trigger as this is where first attack occurred 3 years ago that took me away in an ambulance. I can't get my heart rate to go down. I know I sound like a big baby but I have never been this scared.

Blessed
01-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Please someone help I am going insane here . It may not seem like much but my heart rate is staying at 110. I am a mess I'm jerking and shaking. I'm scared to go home, to lay down, im afraid of dying. Or passing out. Should I go to ER what can they do. I've taken two ativan

Blessed
01-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Blessed have you ever read the linden methodno I havent

Blessed
01-24-2014, 04:32 PM
How long can my heart rate stay up before it's dangerous?

Blessed
01-24-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm about to lose it I just checked my blood pressure and four times my heart beat is showing irregular what can I do ???

Blessed
01-24-2014, 05:21 PM
I'm about to lose it I just checked my blood pressure and four times my heart beat is showing irregular what can I do ???I'm sorry please anybody?

jessed03
01-24-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm sorry please anybody?

Nothing, I got that all the time when I had anxiety attacks extreme in nature.

One of the symptoms of anxiety is skipped beats/irregular beats.

Remind yourself of the tests you've had. Remind yourself of the post a week or two ago when you described your attack as your worst yet, and made it through. Read JLBs post and almost meditate on it by focusing on, and feeling the words.

You're good Blessed, despite that unbelievable amount of adrenaline having a party in your body right now, you're good :)

Blessed
01-24-2014, 05:34 PM
This adrenalines dam has burst and I feel like I'm on a kiddie float at the bottom of the lake. This nightmare has lasted 24 hours and I am mortified!!!! I'm sorry I not handling my emotions well right now.

reese
01-24-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm about to lose it I just checked my blood pressure and four times my heart beat is showing irregular what can I do ???

Blessed....I once had a heart rate of 150 for 3 days straight due to reaction to medication and it did absolutely no damage to my heart! You will be fine. Remember, your heart is racing because of your thoughts and your thoughts cannot hurt you! .....it works best if you say it out loud "my thoughts cannot hurt me"

Your thoughts can make your heart rate go up and can make your blood pressure to up and YES even make your heart show irregular beating, but they cannot hurt or kill you. You will get through this I promise!

Blessed
01-24-2014, 05:47 PM
I am so discourage I am worse off now than I was 3 years ago when this hell started. I walk around scared of life scared of dying afraid to be alone afraid to lay down or to go to work. Afraid of never breaking free. Terrified of racing pounding heart and feeling like there's nothing I can do. I need a miracle.

reese
01-24-2014, 05:50 PM
I am so discourage I am worse off now than I was 3 years ago when this hell started. I walk around scared of life scared of dying afraid to be alone afraid to lay down or to go to work. Afraid of never breaking free. Terrified of racing pounding heart and feeling like there's nothing I can do. I need a miracle.

Blessed....this really helped me today, I hope you check it out and it helps you too : http://tinybuddha.com/blog/3-reasons-to-stop-worrying-about-your-negative-thoughts/

GeneAllen
01-24-2014, 10:39 PM
How are you now Blessed? I am sorry to hear you going through this, but you will indeed come through it. You've been to this movie before and you know how it ends ( I got this from Nixon or NTF)? Just BE with it, let it flow on through Blessed. Please keep us posted Peace

Blessed
01-25-2014, 02:53 AM
Thank you I am just so emotionally and physically exhausted that I went to bed at 8 last night . Didn't bother to fix dinner. My head hurts so bad from all these racing thoughts. I got myself so worked up about all this and then I go and check my blood pressure over and over only to find my heart beat irregular. I don't know how I can fix this I am so exhausted

reese
01-25-2014, 06:16 AM
Thank you I am just so emotionally and physically exhausted that I went to bed at 8 last night . Didn't bother to fix dinner. My head hurts so bad from all these racing thoughts. I got myself so worked up about all this and then I go and check my blood pressure over and over only to find my heart beat irregular. I don't know how I can fix this I am so exhausted

Do you think maybe you should just go ahead and call the doctor? I really feel you aren't going to be able to relax until you know there's nothing medically to worry about.

Blessed
01-25-2014, 06:50 AM
I've been to med doctor and cardiologist and ER too many times to count about all this. My whole problem is I've never been able to fully trust the doctors so when these attacks come on I'm wondering what if they missed something. It's so overwhelming

jessed03
01-25-2014, 07:18 AM
Hope you have a pretty calm day Blessed.

Blessed
01-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Hope you have a pretty calm day Blessed. me too! My heart rate is 130 and showing irregular heartbeat again. . Honestly should I be alArmed by that? The only thing different I am on is antibiotics which I'm sure I've taken before. I'm beyond discouraged right now I just don't know what else to do

Blessed
01-25-2014, 12:14 PM
This has been going on for three days. Afraid to check my bp cause every time I do my heart beat is irregular. I know y'all are sick of hearing about this and my poor husband is too.... But our flights in three weeks if I don't calm down I'm gonna lose it what can I do. My resting hr is 100-110. I'm a mess

reese
01-25-2014, 12:17 PM
This has been going on for three days. Afraid to check my bp cause every time I do my heart beat is irregular. I know y'all are sick of hearing about this and my poor husband is too.... But our flights in three weeks if I don't calm down I'm gonna lose it what can I do. My resting hr is 100-110. I'm a mess

Blessed, I really feel you should go to your doctor. Do you have any meds you can take...like Xanax?

Blessed
01-25-2014, 12:25 PM
I've took two ativan for last three days. My insurance will not pay for anxiety related ER visit

manz82
01-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Hi Blessed. I have two things to say and I will apologise in advance if I sound harsh -
Firstly, if you're still worried about your racing heart, and nothing that anyone on here says is helping you, then go to the doctor!
Second, have you truly, really tried all the self help relaxation tips that everyone here have given you, especially the one where you should let the feeling float through you and ACCEPT it?
If you haven't then I beg you to do it!
Lie in a quiet room, load a video in mindful meditation for anxiety, close your eyes and go with the entire session.
I know how you feel because I still struggle but you have to learn how to RELAX your mind to relax your BODY.
X

jessed03
01-25-2014, 04:43 PM
^ This is why I have her on Facebook.

I think that was a good post. That's why anxiety forums rock. If a doctor said that to somebody, you'd think 'what do you know, you've never had it'

When an anxiety sufferer gets firm, you respect it. They know their stuff!!! Lol :)

Blessed
01-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Hi Blessed. I have two things to say and I will apologise in advance if I sound harsh - Firstly, if you're still worried about your racing heart, and nothing that anyone on here says is helping you, then go to the doctor! Second, have you truly, really tried all the self help relaxation tips that everyone here have given you, especially the one where you should let the feeling float through you and ACCEPT it? If you haven't then I beg you to do it! Lie in a quiet room, load a video in mindful meditation for anxiety, close your eyes and go with the entire session. I know how you feel because I still struggle but you have to learn how to RELAX your mind to relax your BODY. X thank you for your help!

manz82
01-25-2014, 04:49 PM
^ This is why I have her on Facebook.

I think that was a good post. That's why anxiety forums rock. If a doctor said that to somebody, you'd think 'what do you know, you've never had it'

When an anxiety sufferer gets firm, you respect it. They know their stuff!!! Lol :)

Why, thank you Jessed))) we have to learn to kick this f(@&&@s butt together! X