PDA

View Full Version : New member! Seeking opinions/suggestions

_anxiety_
01-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Hello!

I'm new to the forum and I've been looking for a form where I may find support.
I've suffered with anxiety issues for a very long time without treatment.

I finally had an anxiety attack while I was shopping. I did my best to hide it but inside I thought I was going to die. My hands and feet went dumb and I felt pretty dang bad.

I've made the mistake of watching a video from buzzfeed regarding a teen aged who documented his final days with cancer. And then I kept hearing about people who gained a large following online and were well know who died of cancer. So in my messed up mind I've convinced myself I must have a brain tumor because I felt a weird feeling in my head one night. It's a miserable place to be in where you think you're dying. Deep down I know I don't have one but my anxiety is slowly taking over.

Thanks for reading my rant :)

NixonRulz
01-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Don't allow your anxiety to creep up

Deep down you know it's anxiety and run with that.

The more you give anxiety, the more it will want to take

Cut it off at the knees while you are well aware of what it is

Lord Jazzinho
01-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Hello!

I'm new to the forum and I've been looking for a form where I may find support.
I've suffered with anxiety issues for a very long time without treatment.

I finally had an anxiety attack while I was shopping. I did my best to hide it but inside I thought I was going to die. My hands and feet went dumb and I felt pretty dang bad.

I've made the mistake of watching a video from buzzfeed regarding a teen aged who documented his final days with cancer. And then I kept hearing about people who gained a large following online and were well know who died of cancer. So in my messed up mind I've convinced myself I must have a brain tumor because I felt a weird feeling in my head one night. It's a miserable place to be in where you think you're dying. Deep down I know I don't have one but my anxiety is slowly taking over.

Thanks for reading my rant :)

Now this will sound harsh but its not meant that way, I suffered with anxiety for 15 years in all and was house bound for the best part of 12. It was renal failure that got me out of the house and the exposure to the new environments that gave me what I needed to defeat my anxiety so here goes, what is going to happen is going to happen regardless of weather you worry about it or not' you can only resolve yourself to say that whatever the future holds for me I will deal with when it arises and instead focus on things that produce a positive feeling in yourself. This is basic change of persecutive is what it takes to deal with anxiety. With every thought you have that worries you, you have flip the perspective on it so what if becomes so what etc. Hope this is helpful.

shonaat
01-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Hope you're ok:) anxiety succckss x

katiec
02-18-2014, 10:14 PM
ive had anxiety for almost 10 years now, for the first couple of years it was not too bad, then it hit hard. For the first month i couldn't leave my house. I would get scared if i was left alone. Now i would say my anxiety is 30% better. Still working on it. Its really the symptoms that get me. I try not to run from any panic situation since it can make it worse. I do see a therapist. Which helps, but it is scary but not harmful. if your in public and having a panic attack, about 90% of the people cannot recognize that your panicking. Hang in there!!:)

katiec
02-18-2014, 10:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but can GAD cause zoning out? Ive been getting that a lot lately. Plus lack of concentration? Its like my brain is in a fog. Its really worrying to me.

ashly1221
02-19-2014, 08:16 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but can GAD cause zoning out? Ive been getting that a lot lately. Plus lack of concentration? Its like my brain is in a fog. Its really worrying to me.

I have GAD and I zone out lots. Like the lights are on but no one is home kinda thing lol usually last a couple seconds sometimes more. I get the fuzzy feeling in the head too like I can't concentrate. Not too fun when I am in college trying to pay attention and I zone out. It's normal. Well not normal but it is a norm for anxiety sufferers. Just another lovely symptom. I'm reading a new book and if you want the name and author I can get it when I get home but he wrote that going to bed and waking the same time everyday and eating meals at the same time everyday will improve how you feel :) I just read it last night and will start doing it so I will let you know if I helps :) hope you feel better soon and know you're not alone with this. You're gonna be ok. Just breathe!

katiec
02-19-2014, 11:31 AM
I have GAD and I zone out lots. Like the lights are on but no one is home kinda thing lol usually last a couple seconds sometimes more. I get the fuzzy feeling in the head too like I can't concentrate. Not too fun when I am in college trying to pay attention and I zone out. It's normal. Well not normal but it is a norm for anxiety sufferers. Just another lovely symptom. I'm reading a new book and if you want the name and author I can get it when I get home but he wrote that going to bed and waking the same time everyday and eating meals at the same time everyday will improve how you feel :) I just read it last night and will start doing it so I will let you know if I helps :) hope you feel better soon and know you're not alone with this. You're gonna be ok. Just breathe!

How do you deal with the symptoms? They are such a bothersome to me.

ashly1221
02-19-2014, 11:42 AM
How do you deal with the symptoms? They are such a bothersome to me.

I'm not entirely sure yet. I just breathe. Sometimes I can't help it but I just remind myself that I am ok. It's good to let your mind wander sometimes you just need a mental break from life!