PDA

View Full Version : advice please

Cimi
01-22-2014, 03:17 AM
hello guys. lately i have been feeling ok with lexapro, more calm, more motivated. but it kinda blurred my vision and i dont feel comfortable with this feeling.also i am urinating a lot, which interrupts my sleep. interrupted sleep makes me feel numb in the morning, out of myself, kinda not real, but i know everything is real. also wanted to highlight that i have not had a proper nights sleep for one month now. sometimes it is difficult to fall asleep, and always i wake up 2 or more times during the night, even when not taking medicine at first.my question is are all these side effects of lexapro. currently week 2 and 20 mg now. and what to take for sleep, because i believe if i take something that would make me sleep uninterrupted for several hours would make me feel better.

samellis
01-22-2014, 04:25 AM
Hi there, I was taking 10mg of lexapro for about 2 months and i too had the blurring vision especially when I was driving. I spoke to my dr about this and he then halved it to 5mg I know it's not a high dose. I had trouble sleeping also but I think that is more the anxiety. I would wake up 2 or 3 times a night and really early in the mornings too. I have stopped taking the lexapro and honestly feel so much better, I don't have the blurring vision anymore and feel more normal. I know that all of these types of drugs have side effects but I also think it comes down to how your body reacts to the drug as everybody is different. I am not on any other medications for the anxiety but I do have .025 of xanx that I take if need be and I find this works great for me. I hope you work out what works for you. I took me a while to work it out but you will you just need to keep telling your dr the side effects you are feeling. I had a hard time the 1st month I started the lexapro not sure if you did too

Cimi
01-22-2014, 04:55 AM
Hi there, I was taking 10mg of lexapro for about 2 months and i too had the blurring vision especially when I was driving. I spoke to my dr about this and he then halved it to 5mg I know it's not a high dose. I had trouble sleeping also but I think that is more the anxiety. I would wake up 2 or 3 times a night and really early in the mornings too. I have stopped taking the lexapro and honestly feel so much better, I don't have the blurring vision anymore and feel more normal. I know that all of these types of drugs have side effects but I also think it comes down to how your body reacts to the drug as everybody is different. I am not on any other medications for the anxiety but I do have .025 of xanx that I take if need be and I find this works great for me. I hope you work out what works for you. I took me a while to work it out but you will you just need to keep telling your dr the side effects you are feeling. I had a hard time the 1st month I started the lexapro not sure if you did too

thanks for reply. i had some trouble first getting dizzy and all that, but now it is all gone. i feel generally better now, more calm, confident, and willing to do things. my doctor told me that is an usual side effect that is increased by my anxiety and the increase of the dosage (currently 5 day on 20 mg), and of course lack of proper sleep. hope it goes away because i keep thinking about it and get confused. thanks for reply :)