PDA

View Full Version : Dissociation

duneworm13
01-21-2014, 10:21 PM
Dissociation has been a prominent symptom of my anxiety since I was first diagnosed. However, lately it has been especially bad. What are your experiences with dissociation, and what helps alleviate it and what doesn't? Thanks.

Lee Grant Irons
01-21-2014, 10:45 PM
Hi duneworm,

Have you also been diagnosed with a dissociation disorder? If so, is it mild, sever, or somewhere in between? How do you experience your dissociation?

duneworm13
01-22-2014, 01:59 AM
Hi duneworm, Have you also been diagnosed with a dissociation disorder? If so, is it mild, sever, or somewhere in between? How do you experience your dissociation?

I have not also been diagnosed with a dissociation disorder. I experience my dissociation generally when I am getting anxious, though not always. I begin to feel detached, almost as if I'm watching myself on television. I don't feel real, my body doesn't feel real, my environment doesn't feel real. My body feels numb, and I sometimes pinch myself to see if it is. I feel oddly calm, but in an emotionless cold way that's almost more frightening than the anxiety.

rhar
01-22-2014, 02:02 AM
I have not also been diagnosed with a dissociation disorder. I experience my dissociation generally when I am getting anxious, though not always. I begin to feel detached, almost as if I'm watching myself on television. I don't feel real, my body doesn't feel real, my environment doesn't feel real. My body feels numb, and I sometimes pinch myself to see if it is. I feel oddly calm, but in an emotionless cold way that's almost more frightening than the anxiety.

I get it exactly like this too. I have learnt to say to myself it's harmless and won't hurt me. And it will begin to fade