PDA

View Full Version : weird something going on

iloveyu29
01-21-2014, 10:14 PM
The other day I had a headache and I had some pills mixed together ... one looked like Tylenol and I was assured that's what they were. So I didn't pay any attention, took them then went to bed.. these pills were plain white oval ones. So 2days later I became anxiety free!!! The best I have felt in months. So of course I sucked it up. Omg I was so happy. Today I felt good also. Making this the second day. Well Friday night I soaked my feet in Epsom salt, which was only a good 15min. Then I realized that I took magnesium supplements instead of Tylenol 2x250 mgs.. I'm really wondering if those magnesium made me feel this way?? Made me feel better. I was shocked when I found out I took the pill.. cause I took more than the recommended dosage. I'm lost!!

Lee Grant Irons
01-21-2014, 10:41 PM
Hello iloveyu, :)

It could be that your anxiety is a symptom of an underlying magnesium deficiency, or even a potassium deficiency. Interestingly enough, when you take calcium and magnesium in your diet, it helps raise your potassium. Magnesium deficiency is difficult to detect, because you could have sufficient in your bllod stream but not enough getting to your cells. So usually the best test for a magnesium deficiency is to do just what you did: take it as a supplement. YOu can;t overdose on magnesium, since your intestines expel most of it. The worst that happens is that you get the runs. But the best that could happen, as you seemed to have discovered, is that you feel better.

Considering calcium and magnesium are electrolytes that work together in balance, it is best if you supplement them together, especially if you do not drink much milk.

Congratulations on your serendipitas discovery. Let's hope this lasts! :)

iloveyu29
01-21-2014, 10:53 PM

It could be that your anxiety is a symptom of an underlying magnesium deficiency, or even a potassium deficiency. Interestingly enough, when you take calcium and magnesium in your diet, it helps raise your potassium. Magnesium deficiency is difficult to detect, because you could have sufficient in your bllod stream but not enough getting to your cells. So usually the best test for a magnesium deficiency is to do just what you did: take it as a supplement. YOu can;t overdose on magnesium, since your intestines expel most of it. The worst that happens is that you get the runs. But the best that could happen, as you seemed to have discovered, is that you feel better.

Considering calcium and magnesium are electrolytes that work together in balance, it is best if you supplement them together, especially if you do not drink much milk.

I actually discovered that by accident though lol... but I took that pill on the 17th and the 20th is when I noticed I had zero anxiety...actually went out and took kids to park with no problems felt great, not tired or anything... I'm really hoping this will help me. Just don't know if it's to good to be true or if it's a coincidence

Lee Grant Irons
01-21-2014, 11:01 PM
Go with it. :) LOL Just be thankful you did not have to go what I went through to discover I had a calcium deficiency for years, visible in my labs to any doctor who had a clue, and all of my doctors missed it. LOL Started taking regular calcium supplements, and the muscle cramps, headaches, and heart palpitations went away.

iloveyu29
01-21-2014, 11:05 PM
Go with it. :) LOL Just be thankful you did not have to go what I went through to discover I had a calcium deficiency for years, visible in my labs to any doctor who had a clue, and all of my doctors missed it. LOL Started taking regular calcium supplements, and the muscle cramps, headaches, and heart palpitations went away.

Lol thanks love im a run with it..

Paul N Lauren
01-21-2014, 11:12 PM

exactly, i been saying a vitamin or mineral deficiency.

iloveyu29
01-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Yes I hope this helps me

Paul N Lauren
01-21-2014, 11:53 PM
Yes I hope this helps me

hope so too