PDA

View Full Version : Women: PCOS questions

Blessed
01-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Has anyone here been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome? I have several of the symptoms and I'm totally freaking out . I go tomorrow for testing. I pray all is well! Can anyone give me some words of encouragement to get my mind off this ? Thank you

Lee Grant Irons
01-21-2014, 10:54 PM
Hi Blessed,

I'm not a woman (obviously), but I have spoken with many women about this and my high school daughter is having such challenges. This is completely treatable in terms of helping you feel better again, though it could make it difficult to conceive because of the challenge with releasing eggs when you are not being treated and the cysts are active and the contraceptive effect of the hormone therapy when you are being treated. The best thing you can do for yourself is follow the doctors instructions and take care of yourself: eat right, exercise, and get stressors out of your life that do you no good. For the stressors in your life that you must keep (such as work, family, etc.), just learn how to reduce your anxiety responses to stress and make your connections to you family, friends, and beliefs happier connections (connections in which you are at your best). WHen you get an illness such as this (if you have it), you really need to examine your life and work at changing your perceptions so that you can become happier and healthier.

It is all very achievable and you can get through this. :)

Dweeb
01-22-2014, 01:23 AM
I got diagnosed with a hemmorogic ovarian cyst and it isnt nothing to worry about :)

These cysts come and go alot i know a few people with PCOS and theyve managed to carry on and have children

Blessed
01-22-2014, 08:35 AM
Ok thank you. Just reading online about it which is a big no no says it's very serious and can be life threatening which really had my anxiety fueling. I pray I do not have this and that all my symptoms are linked to the stress in my life. Thank you for your encouraging words :)

Dahila
01-22-2014, 08:41 AM
I have several of the symptoms and I'm totally freaking out . I go tomorrow for testing.
Anyone noticed it?

Dweeb
01-22-2014, 08:48 AM
I dnt think its life threatenin i know a few people with it and there fine

Dahila
01-22-2014, 08:58 AM
blessed does not know if she has it? she found the symptoms on google i bet. After testing it is different story

Blessed
01-22-2014, 08:59 AM
Thank you.

Blessed
01-22-2014, 09:00 AM

Blessed
01-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Thank you ...