PDA

View Full Version : Sudden wave of numbness and hopelessness

williamwblack
01-21-2014, 04:15 PM
About 3 months ago me and my gf were watching a movie and out of nowhere I felt this very weird wave of sadness,hopelessness, like all the happiness from the world had gone. It scared the hell out of me because I've been happy all my life and I have nothing to be upset or sad about. I've never felt anything like it in my life. My body was shaking and I just wanted to cry... Obviously since then I've googled every symptom on Google which isn't good lol but I've learned that it's anxiety/depression which makes me feel better because I know what it is but don't know why it came out of no where and it's there, which scares me the most. I just want to be normal again and I was wondering if anyone else feels like this and was wondering when it will go away

JoeCool
01-30-2014, 06:50 AM
I can relate to having this feeling! It's like a release of something that overwhelms the senses. Not a nice feeling , that overwhelming sense of doom. I try and float through the best I can but it's hard...that's what then triggers the anxiety and this the cycle begins. How do you cope?

mcgrawfan93
06-02-2014, 08:55 PM
This sounds like me too....out of nowhere I just feel warm, numb, and just not right. I sit there and debate about going to the er , it's that scary. I don't know how to handle it anymore. Change in meds doesn't seem to help. Neither does having someone positive in my life. Attacks come out of nowhere.

JustaGal
08-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Exactly for me too

JustaGal
08-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Joe Cool said -
I can relate to having this feeling! It's like a release of something that overwhelms the senses. Not a nice feeling , that overwhelming sense of doom. I try and float through the best I can but it's hard...that's what then triggers the anxiety and this the cycle begins. How do you cope?

That is EXACTLY what happens to me....