PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone.

HockeyRules
01-21-2014, 08:11 AM
I am new here but a longtime reader. I didn't realize that a moderator must approve posts before appearing so I am sorry for the multiple posts that may be coming in other sections. I thought I was doing something wrong so I repeated myself again and again. So hello to all and sorry to the moderator.

David D

GeneAllen
01-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Welcome David,

Feel free to post and enjoy the forum. It's a great place to laugh, learn and grow. Lots of good reads and nice people to help out.

Peace
Gene

NeverToo...Fear
01-21-2014, 09:16 AM
Hey David, I'm glad you've decided to join our great community! :)
Judging by your user name, I take it that you are a hockey fan?

HockeyRules
01-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Hey David, I'm glad you've decided to join our great community! :) Judging by your user name, I take it that you are a hockey fan?

Yep..... Best sport around. Lol.

HockeyRules
01-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Welcome David, Feel free to post and enjoy the forum. It's a great place to laugh, learn and grow. Lots of good reads and nice people to help out. Peace Gene
Thanks Gene.

HockeyRules
01-21-2014, 09:55 AM
Thanks Gene.

Well here goes..... I went on Paxil for anxiety in September. I have started weaning off of it in November when I dropped down from 20mg to 10mg. Then saw my Gp and he put me on a 4 week wean at the end of December. 10 mg every other day for 2 weeks and then twice a week for 2 more weeks. I bailed out in the 3rd week and it's been 9 days since I took a pill. I am experiencing some withdrawal symptoms ..... Foggy head, irritable and just not myself. I do run 3-5 miles .... 3-4 times a week and it helps. Does anybody have any tips other than exercise to help deal with this until I adjust back to my normal self ??

Thanks
David

GeneAllen
01-21-2014, 12:51 PM
Welcome David.

Is that ice hockey? I live in Ireland and they showed on the news here yesterday every player throw down their sticks in favour of a brawl during a game! Bizarre!

Anyways, glad to have you here.

Yep Frankie us hockey fans go to a fight in hopes a hockey game will break out! :D Peace

HockeyRules
01-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Welcome David. Is that ice hockey? I live in Ireland and they showed on the news here yesterday every player throw down their sticks in favour of a brawl during a game! Bizarre! Anyways, glad to have you here.

Fighting is a very small part of the game.... But needed at times. And I am glad to be here. :)

HockeyRules
01-21-2014, 08:41 PM
My own personal rule with meds (others will likely have a different opinion) is that they take several weeks to build in the system and about half the time to fully get rid of the withdrawal. You may have ups and down for a few weeks but it will pass. Best of luck and I hope you remain stable. Exercise, keeping your stress levels low and your life in perspective will help your recovery :) (and I am a Calgary Flames fan! )

Thanks James for your input. Flyers fan here....".still waiting on the cup since 1975......lol.