PDA

View Full Version : Question on zoloft

justineLyann
01-20-2014, 07:52 PM
What is it mainly for does it take away the symptoms of anxiety or it just like a anti depression ?

lexkristina
01-21-2014, 12:21 AM
I was on Zoloft. I just recently got off of it. & it is for depression and anxiety, according to my psychiatrist. But it never helped me with my anxiety.

em1
01-21-2014, 02:42 AM
What is it mainly for does it take away the symptoms of anxiety or it just like a anti depression ?

I'm on Zoloft 50mg a day and have been for
9 months and in on it for anxiety and it's working amazing for me you can also try a beta blocker for anxitey to propranolol is a very good one :)

justineLyann
01-21-2014, 04:29 AM
I haven't started taking Zoloft yet but I'm on 25 mg I'm just scared to take it cause I wonder if it's gonna actually help me and the symptoms I'm more worried about the symptoms going away cause they have drived me away from life and how I normally was a couple months ago

trinidiva
01-21-2014, 07:38 AM
I take it for anxiety/OCD. ..and it has been helping.

justineLyann
01-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Does it take away the symptoms of anxiety ?

em1
01-21-2014, 11:33 AM
It does help yes

justineLyann
01-21-2014, 11:36 AM
OMG thanks so much this makes me so happy cause now I can start getting better is it ok to eat with food or without ?

em1
01-21-2014, 01:40 PM
OMG thanks so much this makes me so happy cause now I can start getting better is it ok to eat with food or without ?

Yes it's fine tho if you can eat it will be better even if it's just a little bit or
Some fruit Etc it will
Also take a few weeks to
Fully kick in between 8/12 weeks

trinidiva
01-21-2014, 03:47 PM
I take the liquid version of it mixed with ginger ale in the evening....it will take 4-6 weeks for you to start getting some positive benefits from it.

laurasags
01-21-2014, 04:46 PM
With any kind of antidepressant, there are pros and cons. I've only been on Zoloft for 5 days now for anxiety and OCD, and right now I have noticed that I'm having more moments where I am calm. However, my anxiety does spike throughout the day, and is usually the worst in the mornings (being ripped out of my sleep at 3 am from panic attacks) It definitely helps with depression, never realized how depressed I was from my anxiety until I started Zoloft. As for side effects so far I've had loss of appetite, hot flashes, being ripped out of my sleep with panic attacks, increase in intrusive thoughts. tingliness throughout my body, minor headache. I think the medication is supposed to make things worse for a little while then get better as it goes. At least I hope!

em1
01-21-2014, 05:03 PM
With any kind of antidepressant, there are pros and cons. I've only been on Zoloft for 5 days now for anxiety and OCD, and right now I have noticed that I'm having more moments where I am calm. However, my anxiety does spike throughout the day, and is usually the worst in the mornings (being ripped out of my sleep at 3 am from panic attacks) It definitely helps with depression, never realized how depressed I was from my anxiety until I started Zoloft. As for side effects so far I've had loss of appetite, hot flashes, being ripped out of my sleep with panic attacks, increase in intrusive thoughts. tingliness throughout my body, minor headache. I think the medication is supposed to make things worse for a little while then get better as it goes. At least I hope!

Hello there I got all this when I first started on it and it does settle down after a few weeks
What dose are you on?

justineLyann
01-22-2014, 02:29 AM
25 mg for the start

em1
01-22-2014, 02:54 AM
25 mg for the start

Oh that's a low dose :)

justineLyann
01-22-2014, 03:15 AM
Is it still affective ?

em1
01-22-2014, 03:19 AM
Is it still affective ?

Oh yes of course it is :) for some people 25mg is all they need :) that's why all
People are on different doses

trinidiva
01-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Im on less than that,5mg of liquid Zoloft.

heidij
01-23-2014, 04:04 AM
I've been on Zoloft for about 9 weeks now for anxiety and I'm feeling 80% better than before tablets. I went two years with bad anxiety because I really didn't want to take tablets and I wish I took them years ago. Finally I feel like me again. Going out with friends and having fun. I had a few side effects early like feeling spacey on for first few days and started with 25mg now on 50mg. Wishing you all the best with Zoloft :)

em1
01-23-2014, 04:13 AM
I've been on Zoloft for about 9 weeks now for anxiety and I'm feeling 80% better than before tablets. I went two years with bad anxiety because I really didn't want to take tablets and I wish I took them years ago. Finally I feel like me again. Going out with friends and having fun. I had a few side effects early like feeling spacey on for first few days and started with 25mg now on 50mg. Wishing you all the best with Zoloft :)

That's really good news :) I'm on 50mg to and I'm starting to feel gr8 again to yay

heidij
01-23-2014, 04:18 AM
Did you have a lot of hair loss? I seem to have more than normal or I'm just concentrating on it to much :(

em1
01-23-2014, 04:46 AM
Did you have a lot of hair loss? I seem to have more than normal or I'm just concentrating on it to much :(

I'm a hairdresser so this I know about, naturally you lose approximately 100 hairs a day to make room for new hair,I think you maybe worrying about this for no reason.never worry about hair loss only in the case you have bald patches (which is very rare) please feel free to inbox me if you have any questions or you just want to chat :)
Take care
Emma