PDA

View Full Version : waking up in the morning

ab123
01-20-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm starting to get pretty convinced I have gerd. Not sure exactly...but one major symptom...is in the morning I get a weird feeling in my chest until I drink enough water or enough time passes...ideas?

WestCanada05
01-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Do you find yourself also feeling nauseous or heartburn symptoms in the morning? If it were GERD it would be lasting all through the say, and especially after you had meals.

ab123
01-20-2014, 03:49 PM
I feel them on and off, I can sometimes taste acid in the back of my throat. Sometimes I get nausea...depends on what I'm eating.

WestCanada05
01-20-2014, 04:17 PM
From my understanding anxiety can cause a lot of over production of acid in the stomach from the over active nervous system in the stomach. If it gets really bad, and lasts for weeks at a time I would talk to a doctor about it. You will then need to take some H2 blocker medication that you take for about 3 months. I had friend that had GERD for 1.5 years, but he finally went to the doctor, got some anti acid H2 blockers took a trip to mexico, improved his diet, did light exercise and withing 3 months he was fully cured of his anxiety, GERD and depression.