01-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Is there any books anyone has read to help with anxiety? X

em1
01-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Yes a amazing book is Claire weeks self help for your nerves
Very cheap on eBay :)

jessed03
01-20-2014, 12:56 PM
If you're on Facebook, add Em as a friend, she always posts updates of Claire Weeks book quotes. I enjoy reading them, Claire was a very compassionate and intelligent woman.

Usually I say read the book that Em recommended first, then if you want, work through the Anxiety and Phobia workbook, full of exercises from CBT, to meditation, to exercise, to repressed emotion, to everything really, it's a very good book.

If you do both those things, and really understand and follow what's being said, your anxiety will not be the same in a few months - guarantee. :)

em1
01-20-2014, 01:13 PM
If you're on Facebook, add Em as a friend, she always posts updates of Claire Weeks book quotes. I enjoy reading them, Claire was a very compassionate and intelligent woman. Usually I say read the book that Em recommended first, then if you want, work through the Anxiety and Phobia workbook, full of exercises from CBT, to meditation, to exercise, to repressed emotion, to everything really, it's a very good book. If you do both those things, and really understand and follow what's being said, your anxiety will not be the same in my few months - guarantee. :)

Yes by all
Means add me :) there's a Facebook post here

em1
01-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Hey jessed03 :) how you been keeping ?

jessed03
01-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Doing well Em, you? :)

raggamuffin
01-20-2014, 01:38 PM
At Last A Life by Paul David is pretty good.

Ed

em1
01-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Doing well Em, you? :)

Fabo thanks :D

GeneAllen
01-20-2014, 02:16 PM
I enjoyed "The Untethered Soul" Michael Singer. Very clear cut, and gives the full details of "thinking too much". I also enjoyed "The Power of Now" Eckhart Tolle,

that is on youtube as an audio with commercials since the guy who did it, was trying to avoid copyright laws. I just check them out from library on my cell phone or

computer for free and listen as I care to. Long ago I read anything by Wayne Dyer, recently I did read his newest book on "intention".

Whatever resonates with you, do that. I have a strongly held belief anxiety is normal, not a mental illness, of course out of control anxiety/panic will leave

one needing medical care sometimes, but not always. Truthfully I think it's the beingness we all are trying to work out and express who we are as

and integrate some sanity back into this world. So yes I see it as a physical, mental, spiritual, psychological sign of the times and the major shift we

are experiencing in the world today. Technology is the catalyst to really see quick change in people and experience the changes we notice, more quickly

and with support. In India we would not be mental, or nuts, or whatever we here in the west label it, we would be the enlightened ones.

Sorry our culture has been so separated, we actually think we are not all similar and feel isolated due to our not knowing we are actually the same. I am speaking in

terms of our beingness, and not personality wise. This is where we have the wonderful chance to experience contrast.

Peace Lucy

basst1
01-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Claire weeks:hope and help for your nerves. Amazing book

lucy88
01-21-2014, 03:15 AM
Thanks all xx

Ashlee13x
01-21-2014, 06:59 AM
The secret... it's not about anxiety but is all about being positive and getting something you really want... If I'm ever feeling down, I read a passage and it always helps me to have a good day!! :)

lucy88
01-21-2014, 07:54 AM
I am probly the way I am because I have read 50 shades of grey to many times lol xx

em1
01-21-2014, 07:58 AM
I am probly the way I am because I have read 50 shades of grey to many times lol xx

Tut tut lol I have them to lol