PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Hello everyone I'm new here! It's nice to know that there are other people with similar worries as me!

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Sorry I haven't really put a lot about myself im 31 years old and finding it very hard at the moment to see any kind of happiness in my life!! I have a very supportive husband and 2 lovely children so why is that not enough? Anyone who is interested in having a friendly chat would really help me :-)

em1
01-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Sorry I haven't really put a lot about myself im 31 years old and finding it very hard at the moment to see any kind of happiness in my life!! I have a very supportive husband and 2 lovely children so why is that not enough? Anyone who is interested in having a friendly chat would really help me :-)

Hello Sarah :) we have a lot in common I'm married and have two children I'm
38 from London

NixonRulz
01-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Hi, Sarah

Welcome

Your happiness with your family is often more than enough, for someone that doesn't have an over active and tired mind

It also makes you very busy, which can lead to stress

So to look at why the family isn't enough, it is. Your mind just works overtime right now and you are believing some of the false information it is providing

You will find some great advice here

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the comments! I'm looking forward to making some friends that understand what a struggle daily lif can be sometimes!! Having anxiety can be very lonely :-( x

em1
01-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the comments! I'm looking forward to making some friends that understand what a struggle daily lif can be sometimes!! Having anxiety can be very lonely :-( x

Please feel free to in box me anytime you want to chat,your not alone in this :)
There's also so many lovely and helpful people on here

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks Em1 I'm feeling very positive about this! Was really scared people thought I was being silly lol! Here's to new friendships :-) x

em1
01-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Thanks Em1 I'm feeling very positive about this! Was really scared people thought I was being silly lol! Here's to new friendships :-) x

Oh your so not being silly,we will
All get through this together :)

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Sometimes wish I could be someone else! I hate feeling like this, but then I end up feeling bad as I have a fantastic family, how awful is anxiety?!?! It's sometimes so draining! And I feel I'm missing out on so much happiness x

em1
01-20-2014, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE="Sarahmiller;149539"]Sometimes wish I could be someone else! I hate feeling like this, but then I end up feeling bad as I have a fantastic family, how awful is anxiety?!?! It's sometimes so draining! And I feel I'm missing out on so much happiness x[/QUOTE

Oh tell me about it where are you from?
Do you take anything to help you?
How long have you had it and how did yours start?

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 11:53 AM
I've suffered with it for so long now, but became worse around the age of 15, my relationship between myself and my dad has always been rocky and he's made it very clear that he didn't want me, my mum is amazing and can safely say she is my best friend but growing up around my dad was very hard!! but at the moment something has triggered it off but can't put my finger on it, I'm worrying and getting upset about things that haven't even happened!
I currently take sertraline, it does help but sometimes some days are worse than others.

Are u on any meds? Are urs working for u?

I'm from Luton xx

em1
01-20-2014, 12:18 PM
I've suffered with it for so long now, but became worse around the age of 15, my relationship between myself and my dad has always been rocky and he's made it very clear that he didn't want me, my mum is amazing and can safely say she is my best friend but growing up around my dad was very hard!! but at the moment something has triggered it off but can't put my finger on it, I'm worrying and getting upset about things that haven't even happened! I currently take sertraline, it does help but sometimes some days are worse than others. Are u on any meds? Are urs working for u? I'm from Luton xx

Yes I to am on setraline 50mg I've been on it for 9 months now
What dose and how long have you been on yours?
I also take propanol 10mg upto three times a day that's amazing for anxitey heart racing shake etc

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm on 250mg of sertraline a day, I've been on it for 10 years now, so a long time, i only had a break when I had my children but had to go back on once they were born!

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 12:50 PM
How have I found it now Ur on meds? Do u find it easier to cope? X

em1
01-20-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm on 250mg of sertraline a day, I've been on it for 10 years now, so a long time, i only had a break when I had my children but had to go back on once they were born!

Have you tryed any other one? Have you always been on that dose

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 01:18 PM
I started on 50mg them was put on 100mg, then became very stressed out and and found it hard to cope, so the dosages was upped to 250mg been on that dosage now for 3 yrs, I used to have to take a tablet at night called quantrapin (unsure of spelling) but that stopped a long time ago!

em1
01-20-2014, 01:20 PM
I started on 50mg them was put on 100mg, then became very stressed out and and found it hard to cope, so the dosages was upped to 250mg been on that dosage now for 3 yrs, I used to have to take a tablet at night called quantrapin (unsure of spelling) but that stopped a long time ago!

That's really good that you don't have to take the other one now tho :) what is your anxitey triggers ?

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Can be anything and everything! Sometimes things that are silly! Could be a bill, someone saying something? I overanalyse

Do u know Ur triggers?

em1
01-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Can be anything and everything! Sometimes things that are silly! Could be a bill, someone saying something? I overanalyse Do u know Ur triggers?

Mine was Heath for years and then I got intrusive thoughts that scared the hell
Out of me,I thought I was going insane and that's why I went right away to my doctor who's lovely and she put me on the setraline

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 01:52 PM
I know that feeling well!! Intrusive thoughts are scary! Like u said can make u feel like Ur going mad!

em1
01-20-2014, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE="Sarahmiller;149614"]I know that feeling well!! Intrusive thoughts are scary! Like u said can make u feel like Ur going mad![/QUOTE

Yes they are,do you get them to?

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Yes I get them a lot x

em1
01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Yes I get them a lot x

What kind do you get? Mine was that i was going to harm my kids and go to prison
It scared the hell out of me big time as I adore my kids I would die for them,my doctor said I've been through a lot in the last
Few years and as they are my whole life the anxity has picked up on what I fear the
Most,I've had one miscarriage,a eptopic pregnancy where I lost my left
Tube and the baby,and my dad passed
Away three years ago

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 02:37 PM
Bless u!!! Mine have been similar to that usually revolve around my kids! I'm like u, my children are my world! Mean more to me than anything! I think sometimes if I do certain things bad things will happen, I try to rationalise these thoughts but it's hard sometimes, I find it very hard to be positive! But the tablets do help x

em1
01-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Bless u!!! Mine have been similar to that usually revolve around my kids! I'm like u, my children are my world! Mean more to me than anything! I think sometimes if I do certain things bad things will happen, I try to rationalise these thoughts but it's hard sometimes, I find it very hard to be positive! But the tablets do help x

It's so horrible I feel for you,have you read the book the imp of the mind? It's about bad thoughts I've only just got it,it's so good

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 02:48 PM
I will have a look for it! X

em1
01-20-2014, 02:50 PM
I will have a look for it! X

I have it on my kindle.ans like I said if you ever need to chat or just to say hi please feel free to message me :)

Sarahmiller
01-20-2014, 03:01 PM
I've got a kindle, will download it!! Thanks for the chat tonight :-) also if u need a chat too u can always message me xx

em1
01-20-2014, 03:02 PM
I've got a kindle, will download it!! Thanks for the chat tonight :-) also if u need a chat too u can always message me xx

Oh anytime Hun :) take care and know your not alone should put your mind at ease abit