PDA

View Full Version : appreciate everybody's help

ron111
02-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Sorry guys another post. But I just wanted to thank everybody for their responses. This anxiety thing sure is tricky. I always thought that something like that could never happen to me, and I was too busy to worry about my health ect. But it did. I was very upset about all of this, and upset with my origional doctor not knowing that I had a panic attack, and many other things that kept this going. But I feel that everybody goes through these things in life and we will all get through it. Maybe it's something we can all learn from or this expeirence will better prepare us for anxiety we may expeirence in the future. I don't know. I'm really trying to keep a positive out look on things. It's not easy, we all know. But you guys are great and brave people. Just don't think you are odd or weird, this can happen to anyone. And if anybody wants to talk, i'm here. I don't know if anybody uses the chat room, but i'm up for that too.

jesse230
02-18-2008, 06:06 AM
hey ron glade your doing alot better. Hope i helped a bit. I don't use this sites chat room I use a diff. site. Im not gunna post it becouse, thats more advertising then anything. But, i use this forum for posting and another for chating. I hope you stay good. Also, your little walk stuff really helped me out. I walk 30 mins a day. either know it's in my house cuz it's like 10 degrees outside. It's still keeping my heart pumping. :D So, thanks.

ron111
02-18-2008, 09:32 AM
I think i'm doing better. Not great, but better. This might sound odd. But does anybody else question if they really are doing better?? Maybe I over analyze too much.

jesse230
02-18-2008, 09:41 AM
If i'm not worrying about my anxiety i tell myself im doing better. i havn;'t had an anxiety attack in 3-4 days. So, i'd say im doing better. I was doing bad cuz, of my dad having a heart attack. so i got scared it would happen to me lol.. but, it's better. im sure i'll get over it this year. Atleast thats what it looks like. just gunna take it slow and go easier. But, im sure your doing good.

ron111
02-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Yea, I could see that triggering things with me too. See my mom and dad have great hearts, bp, cholestrol, but yet i'm still worried.

SuperMegaRichard
02-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Hah yeah ron i think most people questions if they are improving. Thats really my only fear with anxiety now, is if I am improving. The fear of relapse is always on my mind. But thats the thing, there will always be ups and downs. Dont let the downs take you down if you know what i mean.

the best way is to accept you have anxiety, and when you get anxious know its because of a reason even if you don't know the reason. there is always a reason, so know your not crazy or anything its just simply your brain not knowing what is bothering you. the best way is trying to find out.

also what helps is if you think a situation calls for you being sad, try to make yourself sad. crying is one of the healthiest things a person can do. if you think it calls for anger try to make yourself angry, if its happy make yourself happy. try to teach yourself the emotions again, if u noticed i bet you really don't have the same emotions as you used to. basically people with anxiety dont get sad or angry in the appropriate times, its basically all anxiousness. The keyword is appropriate by the way..

ron111
02-18-2008, 05:40 PM
You really seem to know what you are talking about Richard. I think I am improving because I had a very good weekend. But, yesterday and today weren't bad but they weren't good if you know what I mean?? Maybe I set my expectations too high, and try to not be anxious. And when I feel it, I dwell on it. But like I should do is try to do something else to occupy my mind. See the thing is with me, I could live with these feelings my whole life if I was 100% confident that I wasn't hurting my body. Maybe I'm not really. I don't know. It's probably better that I don't.

I think medication would be a nice relieft, but I don't know if I really need it. I'm anxious most of the day, but I can function pretty well. I don't really isolate myself from everybody if you know what I mean. I just get a mild headache at the end of the day. But I probably wouldn't even notice that if I wasn't so intuned with my body. Thanks again for the advice Richard. You guys really help a lot. I wish I would have posted here sooner.

SuperMegaRichard
02-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Yah, haha I have the same thing. I have situational anxiety but I also get anxious when I don't hang out. Its a pretty retarded cycle. Heres how I look at it, I will be anxious either way, so might as well have fun doing it.

It doesn't help that my friends are some crazy people. We go to raves and get into all kinds of shinanagins :). Haha but when I had some bad anxiety I just shut myself up in my house doing nothing. I later realized that was the part of the reason I am anxious. The key to success with anxiety is to recognize what makes you anxious. Sometimes the reasons are so stupid you cant even believe thats what making you anxious. You are like no way that can be it, but it can be :)

ron111
02-18-2008, 06:04 PM
I know, it's frustrating. However, I do know what makes me anxious. But I haven't been able to beat it.

SuperMegaRichard
02-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Everyone know what makes them anxious, the problem is why.. OH and where is the stupid chatroom that u was talking about, I fail to locate it.

ron111
02-18-2008, 06:09 PM
That's a good point. Why does it make me anxious...

It's just on the main page. It's next to enter forum to the right.

ron111
02-18-2008, 06:12 PM
I guess I sorta do know why it makes me anxious. But that's doesnt make me feel any better. I feel if I can't get past this that I'll hurt my health, fail in grad school, and screw up my relationships. That's why I'm anxious.

SuperMegaRichard
02-18-2008, 06:15 PM
haha k, well i guess i can hang out there every once in a while.

ron111
02-18-2008, 06:16 PM
yea, just let me know when.

SuperMegaRichard
02-18-2008, 06:18 PM
lol well i am in there right now. i just have it up in another window