PDA

View Full Version : Nicotine Replacement and Anxiety

James Spiers
01-19-2014, 02:17 PM
.................................................. .........

Dahila
01-19-2014, 03:56 PM
I did not go this way, I quit with help of Champix and my anxiety went down. Even my partner's automobile accident did not cause my relapse....

AmberGbenga
01-20-2014, 02:08 AM
I wanna quit!! I tryed champix once and it was horrible for me.. Played on my depression real bad..

ab123
01-20-2014, 02:18 AM
I know it's harder than I'm going to make it sound...but I just realized the health risks. And allowed my anxiety to fuel the need for me to not pick another one back up again. Almost 30 days :)

Chatative
01-20-2014, 02:24 AM
I am wondering if anyone on here has had a similar experience with NRT/Ecig.

When I stopped smoking & used NRT, I felt a lot better in general too.

However, I got very irritable after coming of nicotine altogether. I figured it would go away after a month like everyone says it does but it hasn't & I've now been having anxiety problems. I think I was using smoking as a coping mechanism - they do say that smoking can mask depression & anxiety.

Do I regret it though? No. Stopping smoking was the best thing I've done in a long time & coming off nicotine was part of that. At least now I know I have anxiety problems & can deal with them.

Good luck with quitting! :)

I know it's harder than I'm going to make it sound...but I just realized the health risks. And allowed my anxiety to fuel the need for me to not pick another one back up again. Almost 30 days :)

Keep it up! :)

I wanna quit!! I tryed champix once and it was horrible for me.. Played on my depression real bad..

I used Patches & Mouthspray. I found it very easy to cut back the amount I was using each week & had basically no noticeable cravings when I came off the NRT.

I'm not sure where you live but I was on an NHS 12 week program. I got all the NRT products for free & had an appointment once a week. I stopped smoking cigarettes within 3 days & I stopped using nicotine after 10 weeks.