PDA

View Full Version : what is happening? dp/dr?

basst1
01-19-2014, 09:31 AM
For the past 2 weeks I have been afraid of dying. It would hit me that I don't know when or how I'll die and started getting afraid to go to sleep because I was afraid of not waking up and being conscious. Well now this past week it has gone wayyyy beyond that. I thought that was scary but what I am experiencing now takes scary to an entire different level.

-Feels like I am literally stuck/trapped in my body and like I want to get out
-I wonder how I got in my body
-when I look at people I don't see people. It feels like a human is not in there, like detached from themselves
-I don't feel human and like I don't know what or who I am
-when I am aware of the thoughts I then feel hyper aware of my consciousness being in my body
-when I am aware I feel like how did my consciousness come about and why am I in this body and not a different one
-I wonder how I look to others, it's like I realized I can't see myself how others see me.
-when I look out it feels like someone who under went surgery and woke up too soon& can see and hear everything but can't move or talk
-it feels like I am so aware of my consciousness being ins

basst1
01-19-2014, 09:35 AM
Inside of my body
-I'm so focused on inside of me and my conscious thinking
-Then I think how did my consciousness be in my brain and not in some other part of my body
-it's like I am paying attention to my own self think
-I am aware that I am making a conscious effort to think
-Aware that I am in my body and that my thinking is in my head
-then I think why isn't someone else self awareness in my body and vice versa
-feels like I am in a different world from every one else.

I feel like I am going crazy. I am so SCARED. Please help

basst1
01-19-2014, 09:38 AM
I also feel like we just live life to die? And like I have no interest in material stuff. I used to LOVE looking at houses and t.v. and making money but now I am like what is the point? That's not what life should be able. ..I feel sooo weird inside

vonnhelsing
01-19-2014, 09:46 AM
If this happened all of a sudden and you started feeling this way out of the blue then it could be a possible indication of some hormonal imbalances in the brain.

Eat well drink lots of water and exercise your body everyday. . Get that blood pumping to your brain and refresh it. Sometimes our brain gets tired and makes us feel weird.
Depersonalisation..a very common anxiety symptom

basst1
01-19-2014, 09:50 AM
No I am not on meds. I spoke to my counselor about it and she says I am fine and it is normal. I started sam-e 2 days ago though.

basst1
01-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Thanks vonhelsing

basst1
01-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Thank you James. I do feel quite depressed right now.

basst1
01-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Thank you. Yes I feel the same way. I am a nursing student and am educated in mental health also. So I definitely know what you are talking about

trinidiva
01-19-2014, 11:04 AM
I feel the same way sometimes..
Especially when I see a young person just dying of something like a heart attack or stroke. It just really triggers my health anxiety big time. I feel like I can't fully enjoy myself because im constantly thinking about it.

basst1
01-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Yes. I feel the same way. I feel like it controls me and I can't enjoy life.