PDA

View Full Version : Lymph node raised

Scaredshizless
01-19-2014, 06:41 AM
Am petrified! Just before Xmas I had what felt like A nasty head cold, tight sinuses, mucus etc, trapped in tubes to ears, nasal congestion etc, and then after nearly a week I noticed my lymph gland was hardish and swollen at base of neck on left (just where it meets your shoulder but a little forward but further back than clavicle) doc felt it was a sinus infection and prescribed anti-biotics, after a week of them I felt better and node went down, then two weeks later I get a sore throat and within 24 hours node is back up again! Still up now 6 days on! I am one constant panic attack! Had some bloods done Wednesday, when still had sore throat, and now docs have written to me saying they want to repeat, and have also ordered a different type of blood test too!!! Anyone else had same thing? Xx

Scaredshizless
01-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Thank you... Funny thing is, I know that all is ok (ish). It's the 'what ifs' that torture! And now of course they now don't list the blood tests they send you for, just state the colour of the tube! Thanks again for your kind words, will try and stay as calm as I can till doc appointment on Tuesday xx

Scaredshizless
01-19-2014, 03:34 PM
I understand this! Maybe it's the fear of feeling vulnerable and exposed too, fallible even.. It's not the dead bit I fear, it's the journey from a to b ...! Weird isn't it! Before this latest episode I had already got a referral from my doc for counselling which I will do whole hearted when in know all is okay, think that process is scary too! But better than living like this!