PDA

View Full Version : Much Discomfort from intrusive OCD thoughts.

rps
01-19-2014, 01:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I worked really hard today on my work, and while I took a break after two hours, other things in my environment triggered some sad sad thoughts. These sad thoughts are intrusive like "I will never get through this" "I can't stand another moment of living this moment, of feeling this terrible". I don't get full blown panic attacks very often, but instead, sometimes I have disordered thinking, bad memory which leads to a feeling of disorientation and I'm constantly telling myself, reassuring myself "it's OK". Maybe the key is to relax and just say "so what, I can't remember what exact day it is", but the OCD doesn't let me do that (I have to check that I do indeed know the day). it's exhausting and hard to recognize and fight this urge. I apologize that this post has not a very good point. I'm just lying here, struggling to stay grounded and let the feelings that 1) I might get disoriented at any moment 2) that things don't feel so real 3) that I'm a bit dysphoric, in fact very dysphoric and so sad. I'm trying hard to both keep it together, but also to stay limp and loose and not fight but instead tll myself this is mostly noise as opposed to signal. just writing this is so hard befcause getting my thoughts organized when they're so preoccupied with the horrible feelings is sooooo difficult. Sorry for the disorder in this post. Just feeling miserable and just seek comfort that some of you will understand.

I'll post back how I'm feeling in a bit!!
-rps

Cimi
01-19-2014, 02:01 AM
try some sleep or read a book or make a shower these things help. no tv

em1
01-19-2014, 02:38 AM
Hello there this is so common in anxiety,your not alone at all,I suffer from bad thoughts to,please don't be scared they are just thoughts,have you spoken to anyone about them? Are you ok any meds to help? I'm reading a good book about it at the moment and it's called the imp of the mind if your interested :) if you want to chat feel free to message me

cara85
01-19-2014, 05:30 AM
Hey Hun. As me said this is all normal. You question everything and search though the most basic of things that most people don't even think
Twice about. Your not alone at all. Anxiety is so common but lots of people hide it and try to carry on. The best thing you have done already, talking about it x