PDA

View Full Version : looking for advice .. tmi

ldocherty93
01-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Sorry for tmi but i'm just looking for a bit of advice if anyone can help.. The past few days i've had constipation & today I had to get some Dulcolax. I took one & within a few hours my bowels cleared, i had diarrhea. I've just read that laxatives can cause dehydration so i'm kinda freaking out & thinking the worst!

kris123
01-18-2014, 03:23 PM
Sorry for tmi but i'm just looking for a bit of advice if anyone can help.. The past few days i've had constipation & today I had to get some Dulcolax. I took one & within a few hours my bowels cleared, i had diarrhea. I've just read that laxatives can cause dehydration so i'm kinda freaking out & thinking the worst! Dulcolax is a very effective laxative. If you having diarrhea just drink lots of fluids to replace what your losing...water or drinks with electrolytes in it. I wouldn't worry about it. One dulcolax (5mg?) is a very small dose so it should subside very quickly.

GeneAllen
01-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Drink lots of water. Chemical laxatives of course are not as safe as say eating some almonds, pecans, raw. I also use diatomaceous earth (food grade) you can look at that on amazon, and please read those reviews. That stuff is awesome in many, many way and very inexpensive.

Peace
Gene

ldocherty93
01-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the advice! I keep drinking juice so hopefully i'll be fine. Yeah it was just the 1 tablet I took.

kris123
01-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the advice! I keep drinking juice so hopefully i'll be fine. Yeah it was just the 1 tablet I took.yeah...it'll be ok. No worries:)