PDA

View Full Version : lexapro

Cimi
01-18-2014, 06:30 AM
my experience with lexapro has been good so far. second week on 20 mg a day.started with 5mg for 4 days, 10 for 4 days and now 20 for some days until my next checkup. first i am very calmed now. i dont have negative thoughts. but i must tell you i had some heavy sweating which interrupts my sleep so i have to change each night. first days were a little frightening, but thank god they are over. be sure to keep someone near you, especially when increasing the dosage. and stop reading about negative side effects or you will end up feeling them even without actually having them.

RachelLangley
01-18-2014, 06:45 AM
my experience with lexapro has been good so far. second week on 20 mg a day.started with 5mg for 4 days, 10 for 4 days and now 20 for some days until my next checkup. first i am very calmed now. i dont have negative thoughts. but i must tell you i had some heavy sweating which interrupts my sleep so i have to change each night. first days were a little frightening, but thank god they are over. be sure to keep someone near you, especially when increasing the dosage. and stop reading about negative side effects or you will end up feeling them even without actually having them.

I'm glad that's working for you. I had bad experience with it. But certain pills work differently/better for certain people. You're right though, reading side effects will only leave you paranoid and thinking you have them all. Hope things continue to look up for you! :)

Th13thOne
01-18-2014, 08:38 AM
I'm considering asking for lexapro among others on Monday. I just now finished weaning off Prozac, I've been done for the last 2 days. It made me so anxious it nearly killed me.

I have anxiety, insomnia which has no led into depression and I still have thoughts of taking my life though I'm done the prozac.

I guess what I am asking is would this be a good option for me and should I start at a similar or lower dose considering what happened with the prozac. I'm terrified to even try another but know I don't have much choice.

Thanks for your time and any help or input you can give me. :)

Cimi
01-18-2014, 08:53 AM
i'm considering asking for lexapro among others on monday. I just now finished weaning off prozac, i've been done for the last 2 days. It made me so anxious it nearly killed me.

I have anxiety, insomnia which has no led into depression and i still have thoughts of taking my life though i'm done the prozac.

I guess what i am asking is would this be a good option for me and should i start at a similar or lower dose considering what happened with the prozac. I'm terrified to even try another but know i don't have much choice.

Thanks for your time and any help or input you can give me. :)

i dont know.for me it is the first time on meds.dont give up.i spent a month trying to manage it on my own.go at the gym or for a walk or talk to friends or people with similar things. For me it seems to work, but i still have to wait and see.i sleep with the light on and spend a lot of time out on the sun in the morning it helps me a lot.lexapro is good but im am not an expert.

Th13thOne
01-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Thx for your input! Much appreciated! :)

Cimi
01-18-2014, 08:59 AM
and by the way eat e lot even if you dont want to eat find something and eat it.i made the mistake of not eating well and i felt really down