PDA

View Full Version : a friend told me about Epsom salt!!

iloveyu29
01-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Today I soaked my feet in Epsom salt for about 15min. She said it's the best was to get magnesium into it body!! Is this true? Only through your feet? Or is it full body?? Or is it even true!

Enduronman
01-17-2014, 05:22 PM
It is a great way for the body to absorb magnesium, true. Some people even take hot baths in it. I have soaked my feet and ankles in it to see if it would help with pain, the pain was too severe and the effects short lived however. I believe (IMO) that the body will absorb and utilize more of the magnesium if taken with calcium and zinc...it forms a sort of chemical chain. Magnesium defieciency is pretty uncommon because we get large amounts of it in the diet and our body retains large percentages of it too..

:)

Dahila
01-17-2014, 08:09 PM
Yeah baths are good:))

RachelLangley
01-18-2014, 07:14 AM
Today I soaked my feet in Epsom salt for about 15min. She said it's the best was to get magnesium into it body!! Is this true? Only through your feet? Or is it full body?? Or is it even true!

It's great to soak your whole body in. It can help depression and get rid of toxins in the body. Mix it with baking soda and peroxide. Soak in it for about 20 minutes or longer. It's good for you! I've heard soaking your feet in it is good too, so do whatever you feel works best for you.

Dahila
01-18-2014, 07:18 AM
Eh fantastic advice peroxide is not even used for washing the cuts anymore, it causes the tissue die. Baking soda is good for baking and cleaning the sink. Nice pintrest advice hehehehe

em1
01-18-2014, 07:25 AM
I've never tried this I think I will get some :)

RachelLangley
01-18-2014, 07:28 AM
Eh fantastic advice peroxide is not even used for washing the cuts anymore, it causes the tissue die. Baking soda is good for baking and cleaning the sink. Nice pintrest advice hehehehe

I didn't get my 'advice' from Pinterest but good accusation. I guess criticizing people's advice is appropriate. There are different types of peroxide that are safe to even drink which I wouldn't recommend drinking it regardless. But yes, baking soda is great to clean with, as well as vinegar.

Dahila
01-18-2014, 07:31 AM
epson salts and lavender or calendula or cammomile flowers in your bath Em1 not peroxide, baking soda can be used as an exfoliator, usually for acne prone skin

em1
01-18-2014, 07:33 AM
epson salts and lavender or calendula or cammomile flowers in your bath Em1 not peroxide, baking soda can be used as an exfoliator, usually for acne prone skin

No I would never mess with peroxide well only the hair kind lol (im a hairdresser lol) yes I already use lavender bath foam and oil to my baths so I may add that to my bath to lol

Dahila
01-18-2014, 07:42 AM
Em there is so many plants in nature, when you harvest them correctly you could build your own medicine cabinet. I am studying herbs my whole life, and a lot of others. Where is disease, there is a cure. i am happy you know how dangerous can be peroxide. I use it with the combination of rubbing alcohol plus water and jet dry and a bit of soap for my after shower spray. Works like charm ;))

em1
01-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Em there is so many plants in nature, when you harvest them correctly you could build your own medicine cabinet. I am studying herbs my whole life, and a lot of others. Where is disease, there is a cure. i am happy you know how dangerous can be peroxide. I use it with the combination of rubbing alcohol plus water and jet dry and a bit of soap for my after shower spray. Works like charm ;))

Oh are you that sounds amazing.so what would you recommend would be the best bath stuff for relaxing also I like to put it in my children's bath be4 there bedtime :)