PDA

View Full Version : Hi

hippysilverware
01-17-2014, 02:58 PM
I just joined, I'm twenty two and I'm not really sure what I was hoping to get out of joining.

I've always had problems with anxiety, ever since I was very, very young; but it wasn't until I was maybe sixteen that things started getting out of hand. I wound up dropping out of school in my last year it got so bad. After that I spent a lot of times indoors, making my condition even worse. It got so bad that I was terrified of even going to the store to get food for my cat. I eventually went to JC to obtain my GED and as a start to overcoming my problem. I've progressed gradually since then, but I still find it hard to go very far without a distraction; like music or a back-pack (gripping the straps help me feel better).

I guess if I think about it, I wanted to join because I'd like to get to know some people who understand and I can talk to about it. I have a couple of friends who share a general nervousness of groups, but I guess a screen kind of helps me open up a little better.

So.. hello to all of you! Sorry if that was a bit long.

issy
01-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Hi hippysilverware, Welcome to the forum :) I've just joined too.

hippysilverware
01-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Thank you, and welcome to you too then =)

NixonRulz
01-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Hi Hippy. Love to hear the story behind that screen name

Welcome aboard

NeverToo...Fear
01-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Hi Hippysilverware, and a very welcome to the forums! :)

Music is one of my many distraction tools as well.. Do you have any good go to songs you put on for a good distraction?

hippysilverware
01-17-2014, 04:56 PM
Thanks Nixon, haha there's not much of a story. A long time ago I was trying to come up with an original xbox name and I was on a hippy kick at the time, so I came up with hippysilverware ( hands :P )

Thank you too NTF! Hmm.. well lately I've been starting out with Neighbor by Mother Mother and I Want The World To Stop by Sebastian and Belle (or vice versa I forget haha). What about you? I could always use new songs =)

Enduronman
01-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Welcome Hippy!...:)

No ones really sure what to expect when joining, I sure didn't! But,..it's been extremely helpful to me and many others in ways which I can't express in words..

Glad to have a new friend!

E-Man...:D

NeverToo...Fear
01-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Thank you too NTF! Hmm.. well lately I've been starting out with Neighbor by Mother Mother and I Want The World To Stop by Sebastian and Belle (or vice versa I forget haha). What about you? I could always use new songs =)

I'm going to listen to those songs! I've listened to Mother, Mother in the past. Great band. :)

I get stuck on artists.. I really love the voices of Adam Gontier and Jeff Buckley. And I put the band Blue October on repeat as it really helps me, and a recent song I'm hooked on on is Try It Again by The Hives.. erhm music.. I better stop here! :)
But if you'd like some other suggestions, one of our members here, Frankiecfc (who likes Blue October as well) has made a thread about top 5 music. Check it out when you've got time! http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?24013-Top-5-fave-music-good-to-get-to-know-you

hippysilverware
01-17-2014, 06:09 PM
I've got a feeling I've heard Jeff Buckley before. Thanks a lot for these! I'll definitely check out that thread too

Dahila
01-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Hi Hippy and Izzy welcome to the forum:))

GeneAllen
01-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Welcome Hippy,

Sit back relax and enjoy the good company. It's all good.

Peace