PDA

View Full Version : hey has anyone woke up and there heart has gone fast like a panic attack

fisher
01-16-2014, 08:56 PM
i hate this,i think i only get it when my anxiety is playing up but when am asleep i wake up and my heart starts going fast and i sit up but its going really fast so i get out of bed and go downstairs and open the door and it starts to slow down down,only lasts 3 or 4 mins but very scary,but annoys me because i have had ecgs done but u need to catch it when it happens,its scaring me now😭😭

sal85
01-16-2014, 10:46 PM
After I had my first panic attack my heart would race every morning and then most of the day. Have you had a 24 hour heart monitor on to see if it catches what happens in the morning.

fisher
01-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Hiya i have had about 4 holter monitors in the last 10 yrs and stress test heart scan ecgs,i had ecg done just before christmas and bloods all normal so could it be a panic attack when waking up?

sal85
01-16-2014, 11:35 PM
It sounds like panic to me. I have done so much research since mine started 6 months ago and it is very common to wake up with a racing heart. If you have had a stress test and the holter monitors it wouldn't be something wrong with your heart. I'm guessing you have had your thyroid checked as well. Are you on any meds for your anxiety?

fisher
01-16-2014, 11:57 PM
No sal am not on any meds,my anxiety hasnt been that bad lately but am off work at the moment and yesterday the sister off the ward i work on wants me to come in for a well being meeting on the ward but i know even just the thought of it is making me anxious😭i need to be a stronger person but at the moment am not

sal85
01-17-2014, 12:55 AM
I know what you mean. It's so hard not to get worked up over things. Sometimes if I have to do something that makes me uncomfortable I try and ask myself what is the worst thing that could happen. If I know that I can handle the worst thing then I just keep telling myself it can't be any worse then that so I can handle it. I don't know if that helps.

iloveyu29
01-17-2014, 02:07 AM
I do this 3 or 4 times a night.... but I wake up gasping for air also

fisher
01-17-2014, 02:08 AM
Oh i am so anxious today because i know i have to go into work for a wellbeing meeting and i dont want to face people in work and i will see them:((

Paul N Lauren
01-17-2014, 02:23 AM
sinus's and sleep apnea. i sent some info in a mail earlier to you.

fisher
01-17-2014, 02:30 AM
Paul who did u send it to?