PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

nikkispencer
01-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Hello. I've recently been diagnosed with anxiety; i've constantly felt depressed and unmotivated. I've been putting on citalopram 10ml, I started yesterday and at the moment dont feel any different at all just very tired. Has anyone else taken this? How long does it take to feel any effect? Also earlier today I had a couple of drinks on it, will this be dangerous? I'm a little bit worried now and regret having a few drinks after reading it could potentially be dangerous.

jessed03
01-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Around 4-6 weeks usually :)

nikkispencer
01-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Ok thank you, my doctor did say it would be quite a slow process for it to take effect but I dont feel any different at all. A few people have said they've experienced bad side effects on it which is what worried me the most but its worth it to feel a bit better in the long term :)

jessed03
01-16-2014, 05:25 PM
It isn't medically dangerous to drink a little alcohol with citalopram. Can make you feel a little worse though.

Did your doctor say you're gonna stay on 10mg, and eventually go upto 20mg?

10 is a very low dose :)

nikkispencer
01-16-2014, 05:30 PM
When my doc prescribed them I told her I was worried about side effects so she said she'd put me on 10mg and depending on how my system reacts to it potentially change it to 20mg in the future. After browsing the forum I found most people start off with 20mg. I have another appointment with my doctor on 2nd feburary and am hoping by then they have some effect. x

jessed03
01-16-2014, 05:41 PM
Oh, are we leaving 'x's at the end now. Cool! ;)

Yeah, that's a good plan. Start slow, build up. When I was on it, I started at 10mg, it was quite smooth.

I quite like the drug, it's quite effective, usually easy to tolerate. I hope it works well for you x

nikkispencer
01-16-2014, 05:49 PM
looll :D Thank you :) Its the first medication i've tried for the anexity, other than using kalms which I find just give me a headache rather than actually helping but i've heard over the counter stuff like kalms are not very good for anexity. How long have you been on citalopram? x

cara85
01-17-2014, 03:06 AM
I'm
On citalophram. I was first put in it a while back with my health anxiety and it was like a miracle. Give it time. I stopped taking it for a while and have had a flare up again so in back on it at 20 mg. it's been six weeks now. It was fantastic for me. Time will tell but my experience was positive x